“Great value !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
San Diego
“Great value !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We are customers of your chain of hotels, for many years, specially Pasadena Inn. As usual our stay was nice, the courtesy of the personnel, and the rooms comfort were very good, with the exception, this time, that one of the rooms we stayed in, smelled tobacco, eventhough it was not a smoking room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've actually stayed at this motel 4 times over the last 2 years or so, it has become my standby when I'm in the area. Every time I've stayed the rooms have been clean and comfortable, and check in/check out is smooth and friendly. The area is not upscale but very nice and safe, I've gone walking at night and not felt uneasy. Not fancy, and the motel style (rooms open to the outside) isn't my favorite, but it's been an easy choice when I visit. Exceptional value for the area also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was looking for a hotel near the Pasadena convention center that wasn't too expensive and came across the Best Western Pasadena Inn - 4 miles away. I called them and asked for their best price and with AAA discount was quoted $79/night. I stayed in room 234 and the only drawback was no elevator so I lugged my heavy suitcase upstairs. My room faced Colorado Blvd and was somewhat noisy. If you're a light sleeper bring ear plugs.
The television was only broadcasting FM radio so maintenance came quickly and fixed that. Only a few channels had a clear picture. The room was large and clean with a table and 2 chairs. There was a coffee maker and a refrigerator, lotion and combination shampoo/conditioner.
Water pressure wasn't great and there were no hand towels only washcloths and bath towels - typical budget quality linen.
There is continental breakfast in the office area every morning, which had a nice selection. All in all a nice enough place to stay, I'd stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We are usually spending our vacations on the road and spent 2 nights here to do some sightseeing in LA. We picked the motel for it's location and price and found it to be good. The location is close to a mall and near the highway. Check-in was super fast and the staff was friendly and very helpful.

The motel itself is an older style 2 story with outside doors. The decor is a little dated, but the room was super clean (which is the most important). The bed was fine, only the pillows were thick and I had a hard time with my neck and shoulders. In the end, I used the shower towels to sleep on to get my head level. Sounds wired, but I only have a problem in 1 out of 10 hotels. So not really their fault, but I like the choice and most hotels have 2 pillows to choose from.

The breakfast was basic BW with toast, bagels, waffles, yoghurt, fruits and juices. Fruit was always empty (crazy group of asians hogging the fruit basket and once filled up, took all out at once even though I was standing there asking to get an apple too. Serioulsy?). They ran out I assume or didn't want to fill it up anymore, we also had no jam at all the first day. So all in all, kind of mixed, but too clean and friendly to give it a 3. I would give it more like a 3,5 if I could.

I would probably go back again since everything else was fine, the staff is great and the location unbeatable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We were here for just a stop over on out way to the coast. Location was great - easy to find, we arrived around 7pm on a Friday night after a long afternoon drive from Vegas. The check in guy was great, really nice and very helpful. Actually asked if we needed help with our bags or any extra towels for the pool, which stood out as we stayed at 11 different hotels/ motels on our road trip and he was the only one to do so, so i felt this was worth mentioning.
Bestwestern beds super comfty as always, clean and safe.
One complaint was the hot tub was cold but we had a lot of fun even though it was cold and probaly annoyed the other guests with our laughing and running back to our room!

The breakfast area is alittle small and lacking in tables but it was ok.

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I flew out to LA in July to meet a couple of mates out here, so needed somewhere inexpensive but convenient, and this was perfect. Great facilities, clean rooms, helpful staff, decent breakfast spread and easy access to the Metro and to the highway. Decor's a bit dated but faultless for the price otherwise I'd say.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Fremont, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is an older two story motel, but it's kept clean and well maintained, and I'd stay here again. My room was on the small side but it had nice sheets, decent towels, a fridge and and there was always hot water. The old CRT TV didn't have great reception, but I didn't come here to watch TV. As a place to sleep on a business trip it was fine. It's not very close to the convention center or Caltech -- I ended up here because all the closer places were sold out. The door locks are an early generation of card readers where you have to slide the card at just exactly the right speed for it to work -- I hadn't encountered those in a long time, so be prepared for it to take a few tries. Also note that there are two Best Westerns in Pasadena across the street from each other -- a coworker and I (who were sharing a rental car) both made reservations at "the Best Western" only to find out we were at different (but luckily adjacent) properties.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Pasadena Inn? Share your experiences!