We did the official Tournament of Roses tour in 2012 and 2013. Both times we say "Worth every single penny we spent!"
* Float decorating: See 3-4 different sites including the Rose Bowl site where the general public views floats from a scaffold-walkway along one wall while Official Tour folks get to walk ON THE FLOOR OF WAREHOUSE along three walls. Up close and personal.
* Band Fest: In my mind, a do-not-miss. The bands that perform go above-and-beyond in their performances. You are seeing some amazing shows.
* Parade: Police escort to the parade. You don't have to deal with the traffic even from the comfort of the bus. Still a little walk to grand stand seats which are at the corner, near Norton Simon Museum, so floats have slowed to make the corner! Perfect view, great photos. Take your Tournament seat cushions - and dress in layers (cool mornings, warmer once parade starts). Note: don't drink coffee that morning. The porta-potty's should be considered emergency use only!!
* Game: Both years we went to the game. <Go Badgers! We love you even though you lost.> You can feel comfortable & confident leaving items on the bus as it is locked when not attended. Before the game, catered lunch in special tent with own bathroom/porta-potty facilities. Yummy food, nice to get out of the sun for a bit and relax. Then onto the game where you can upgrade your tickets but we chose not to and had great seats on the side end zone where the team came out of the tunnel. Bring the seat cushions that Official Tour gives as a gift. The stadium seats will get harder as the game progresses.
* Post-Game: the bus driver is the one dealing with the traffic not you! Still a fairly quick return to hotel considering the # of folks at the game.
* Next day float viewing: We did this in 2012 but had to miss it in 2013 and I'm bummed we did. Great opportunity to get closer to the floats for some great pix. The Official Tour takes you early so you are in & out before the crowds.
Again, worth every penny. Strongly recommend!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.