“The food is out of this world and the price was reasonable” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Bizou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 603 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: French, Californian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Holly Street
Transit: Gold Line 1 block east on Holly Street
Turnersville, New Jersey
“The food is out of this world and the price was reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was in pasadena for 2 months and we liked to eat in different places every night. I loved this place and ate here at least 4 times. Everyone should try this if you are in town

Visited May 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is our favorite restaurant. Excellent value and great food. Great service. Take your own bottle of wine, you will be amazed by the corkage fee.
Great location near Old Town Pasadena.

Visited December 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“DineLA review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had an okay experience for dinner here during the DineLA week of specials. We were on vacation and dined at a participating restaurant every night we could. Part of our party of 6 were Vegetarian and there were no substitutions or offers of non-meat entrees for these diners. They went without a main course. The soup was excellent and I would consider them again

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southern California
“Cafe Bizou Is Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Cafe Bizou was the perfect setting for old friends to meet and reminisce. The ambience is relaxing, and aesthetically very pleasing. Our genuinely-french waiter was charming and attentive but not hovering or intrusive.

The food was excellent. I had the blackened salmon in a delicate citrus sauce that melted in my mouth. I am picky about my seafood choices, but this salmon was fresh and tender. It was served with whipped mashed potatoes and blanched green beans. A glass of wine complimented the meal. My friends chose beef and seafood dinners and were very pleased with their dinners.

Since this was reunion, of sorts, we stayed much longer than I normally would at a restaurant. We were comfortable and the staff accommodated our extended stay without complaint. Of course, we tipped generously for the good service and for the length of our dinner.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and will be returning again, as there were many other menu choices that I would like to try.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
So Cal
“A little above average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Cannot beat the DineLA lunch deal. 3 courses for $15 so I brought my parents here to enjoy a nice lunch. Had one of each apps: French onion soup - always good; lobster bisque - a little fishy but actually had a few chunks of lobster meat; stuffed mushrooms - two little mushrooms on a fennel leave cup (way too small portion for this one).

Mom wasn't feeling well so she didn't want anything heavy. I ordered her the tuna nicoise salad, I had the grilled lobster avocado panini, and dad had the lobster, scallops, and shrimp pasta. The tuna was not very fresh but mom enjoyed the salad and vinaigrette. Dad also enjoyed his seafood and pasta dish. My lobster panini was okay. Very little lobster meat so majority of the sandwich was just bread. Came with a nice side of fries though.

We all enjoyed the desserts: flourless chocolate cake - delicious dark chocolate that was velvety smooth; tiramisu - very good; and raspberry and mango sorbet (one scoop each). All yummy.

Not the best tasting or highest quality food, but again, can't beat the price. Service was also good.

Visited January 2014