“Great Decor and Even better food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 583 restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union
Pasadena
“Great Decor and Even better food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This location is one of the few in LA that makes this location so dining a relaxing and happy one.

Visited September 2011

42% Recommend
San Antonio
“Great Service, but the food was not up to par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We generally can count on this restaurant for a nice family get together, but on this occasion were disappointed. Our party of 8 was sqeezed onto a 6 top rather than setting us at a large round. The service was great, and the timing from ordering to receiving food was appropriate. While the 2 of us who ordered off the summer seasonal menu were pleased, the others were all disappointed with the quality of the food; 3 dinners served luke warm, the pasta dish was bland, and the mashed potatoes had sweet potatoes mixed in (unexpected). Hope that this was just a fluke as we normally enjoy this location.

Visited June 2012
Arcadia, California
“Has gone downhill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Wow! This place used to be great. Not sure what has happened. We came here on Easter hoping for a nice dinner. Started with appetizers and as my husband was about to eat an oyster he saw a LIVE SANDCRAB!!!!! We showed the waitress and the manager and he said it was NO BIG DEAL and that he sees this all the time!!!! We have been eating oysters for over 30 years and have never experienced this. We were not given any new appetizers and even still had to pay!!! The rest of the dinner was not any better and needless to say we will not be returning.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
South Pasadena, CA
“Probably never go here again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I don't want to write a book here, but the main issue was Sunday Brunch, Easter. Menu online for brunch states mimosa refills (up to 4) when ordering brunch. My brother ordered brunch. Waitress mentioned he gets refills on his mimosa, I get champagne refills on their very small glasses. When he ordered his third, the waitress--who had by then started working on the bill and had evidently had her refill rules clarified to her by the beverage manager--told him, "You know the mimosas are priced per drink" and we replied it was not what is on the website nor what we were told. I asked to see the bev. mgr. who came over and said, "I'm sorry, but unfortunately..." When I challenged him he argued with me. It evidently does not matter what the waitress said before or what is currently on the website, the Easter brunch menu did not have mimosa refills. (In other words, the Easter brunch menu had less available options, food and drink, than the regular Sunday brunch menu. What a way to run a restaurant with a holiday menu--offer less!) The bev. mgr. really stood his ground and I don't think he would have cared if I stood on the table and announced to everyone in the place what the discrepancy was. He was completely corporate--and I mean that in a very negative context. His words and body language should be recorded by restaurants in training their employees to show what NOT to do. Never in my life, man. Never in my life have I seen such a thing. Would it have been so bad to have honored the customer and charged for the mimosa as we understood the charge to be? My oysters and my albacore entree were lovely, thank you. I'm not one to complain over things while dining out as a general rule, unless really warranted. They make money hand over fist with the beverages, especially a small mimosa! I then talked to another manager away from the table. Explained again, and how the brunch menu online also states refills on mimosas and that the waitress said this at the beginning when we ordered them. She kept mentioning "corporate" and "I'll call corporate" and jotting some little scribble on a piece of paper that was supposed to be reinforcing to me that she would indeed call corporate and get this darned matter addressed. Right. I think "corporate" must have these people fearing for their jobs lest they make any move that doesn't side with the corporation. Among management, it was the most customer-unfriendly and non-accommodating I've ever witnessed. So they are losing a (preferred guest card) customer not based on food but on what should have been an easily corrected issue that was consumed by corporate rigidity!

Visited April 2012
Corona del Mar, CA
“Great Seafood in Pasadena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

McCormick and Schmick's is a solid choice for good dining in Pasadena. There are certainly better, foodie choices out there, but for a good meal at a fair price they are great.

They have incredibly fresh fish, I love their daily oyster selection and I like that they print their menu daily. It says that they serve what they can buy fresh, not what they have on a pre-printed menu.

I usually have the fresh fresh, simply prepared, not one of their composed dishes. They also have great meat dishes too though. I've had some very nice steaks at McCormick and Schmick's.

It also has one of the best, if not the best Happy Hour in Pasadena.

• Visited March 2012