“Great Burgers, Great atmosphere at Kings Row!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fair Oaks
Transit: Corner of Fair Oaks and Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, California
“Great Burgers, Great atmosphere at Kings Row!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My fiance sand I visited Kings Row Gastropub this past Sunday of Labor Day weekend! This place was excellent - a great selection of food(burgers are awesome) and beer. The low key atmosphere was inviting and comfortable, just order your food at the bar and grab any seat you like. There were three seating areas - the main bar area, an indoor table seating area and the patio. Unfortunately we just missed the live band as they were finishing up as we arrived. We loved everything about this place and it will now be in our HEAVY ROTATION of Fri/Sat food spots!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winnetka, CA
“Great beers & grub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to try Kings Row on the recommendation from our son. Great ales, the food was flavorful and great. There was live music during happy hour, and the outside patio was nice on a summer evening. We'd say the biggest drawback is that there is no table service - you have to order and pay for drinks and food at the bar, they give you a number for your table, then the food is delivered to you.

Granada Hills, CA
“Fraud alert”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Friend and I walked in on a recent weekday lunch, we were the only two customers in the joint. Ordered a beer, soda, a couple of burgers with the bartender. $52 later, she told us we can sit anywhere we like so we decided to enjoy the outdoor terrace which is really nice.

Food arrived 10-15 minutes later by a server which during the course of our 1.5 lunch, we never saw again. We had to walk back inside to the bar to get a refill of a soda. Not a single person came to check on us. While the service was horrible, the food was excellent.

Two days later, while reviewing my online banking account, I see a charge for $62 from Kings Row. I look at my original receipt, and sure enough I only purchased $52 worth of food/drinks. I did not leave a tip due to the horrible service. Apparently, the bartender decided to add a 20% gratuity to our bill. Wow, really? For a party of two, during lunch, and you never came out to even offer a soda refill?

Shame on you Kings Row. You really don't have to stoop down to that level. Maybe that's why your place is empty.

After calling and complaining to the manager, I demanded a full refund which they obliged. In addition,I have filed a complaint with the L.A. County Dept. of Consumer Affairs for overcharging. Again, be careful of your CC charges with this joint! If you must go, use CASH and demand better service.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“GIN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very strong gin cocktails.... dangerous! Nice outside seating area, I ate a burger but was too drunk to remember what it tasted like. Sure it was nice! Good jukebox downstairs!

Visited April 2012
Pasadena, California
“PLEASE don't waste your time...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

I actually waited until after the SECOND time I went here to review this place thinking that this place might get better with age.. I was wrong..
I'm going to be quick and to the point..

1. The service out party received the first visit was HORRIBLE... Literally had to ask more than one person to refresh our water and to order cocktails...

2. "gastro pub"? The food was almost laughable, seriously. I ordered this shrimp sandwich thingy and it was literally HARD toast some garlic spread and shrimp.. That's IT!! I thought it was a joke..

3. Out of the EIGHT entrees we ordered on all the visits only one was "decent".. (I will add that the second visit was MUCH better as far as service though.. So at least they're improving some)

There are so many other options on Colorado Blvd, maybe you should give them a try first.. Sorry guys..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere