“Fantastic lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Green St.
Chicago Suburbs
“Fantastic lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went hunting for a late lunch on New Year's Day and found this great spot on Lake Street. We sat in the back room and watched the replay of the parade. Ambiance was nothing out of the ordinary but our food was fantastic. My husband had the ahi tuna sandwich and considered the fish on a par with entrees in top restaurants. I had the cheeseburger and thought the meat was among the best burgers I've had. The curly fries were a bit too spicy for my taste but we got the sweet onion ring appetizer and loved it, including the mild ranch dipping sauce. Prices were a bit high for lunch sandwiches but we wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reuver, The Netherlands
“a treat for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

After a morning of exploring Pasadena by foot, it was time for lunch. I stumbled into this place and gave myself a treat.

I went for a glass of bubbly and a cobb salad. The salad was delicious and the bubbly the" icing on the cake". I also must mention that the staff was really kind and friendly, wich is another reason to visit this place.

It is nothing to fancy, but go ther for the food and staff, you will not be dissapointed.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Another Favorite in Pasadena, CA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this place! It is my favorite little bistros in Pasadena. Nice variety of food - grilled artichokes and steak salad are my favorites! Burgers, steaks, sandwiches and chicken are also available. Service is always excellent. Since I generally come here for a late lunch, I have never noticed the noise level. Will return here again and again!

Visited December 2012
Pasadena
“My "company cafeteria"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant is right across the street from my office, so of course we are there ... alot! But lucky us that the local spot is so very good! The tortilla soup and the pasts are are always exceptuional. The burger is excellent. Best onion rings on the planet. And the Thai salad is amazing. The patio is nice, year-round, which is good because the acoustics inside are NOT conducive to conversation. But the service is always warm and friendly and fast. The rolls that come out first are surprisingly good, too. I have eaten probably 50 - 60 meals here and never had a bad one. Wow!

Visited November 2012
La Canada Flintridge, California
“not fancy but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

There are a lot of good restaurants in Pasadena, but we seldom make the drive from La Canada because of the traffic and parking. Decided to risk it on a Thursday night. There was plenty of room in the restaurant. At one point, we were the only couple in the room off the bar area. We didn't have any of the problems mentioned in some TA reviews. The service was prompt and polite. I had the braised short ribs and my wife had the herb-crusted Mahi Mahi. Both were excellent. The wine prices for a bottle are a bit high, but a good selection. Reasonable charge for wine by the glass, and they have a nice selection of draft beers. Finally, they validate parking in the close garage. Only $1 for our fairly short visit.

• Visited September 2012