“A Response to recent reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Neapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 591 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Del Mar
Transit: South Lake Avenue Gold Station
Alta Loma, California
“A Response to recent reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Because of the attractive ad for T. Neapolis I made a reservation. Then I read the recent reviews and almost cancelled, but I decided to keep the reservation, mostly because we'd never been there. The entire staff, from the person who took the reservation to the busfolks to Santos, the friendly, efficient waiter, couldn't do enough to please. Yes, the tables are too close together, especially when both persons choose to sit on one side of the table. Tables and booths for more than two people are not so bad. The prices for the food are fair, considering it is a nice restaurant. The veal scallopini was $27 and a large pork chop was $25. Buying extra sides ($6 each) is not really necessary, and the salad prices are in line with other good restaurants. My wife and I each chose the beet salad for $9 and it really was a beet salad - a large pile of beets, probably 1 1/2 large beets on each serving, not 3-4 thin slices on a bed of lettuce as I sometimes experience. Very good. The wine list features good wines, so while $12-15 for a good cab is a bit high, there were less expensive choices. (I didn't really look closely, but I noticed an Italian pinot grigio for $6.) As for the quality of the food, my pork chop was very large, thinly sliced and absolutely succulent. My wife's veal was overdone for her taste so I traded her meals. However, in the restaurant's defense, Santos offered to take it back and give her a new meal. I thought the food was nicely done but it would be better to have salt and pepper on the table for those who want it. In summary, this is a good restaurant fairly priced for what it is. Is it the best in Pasadena, no. But it should be in the top 25-30%.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pasadena, California
“Beautiful Facility - Below Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The reviews for Trattoria Neapolis are very consistent. It needs a new chef. The food is bland, but at least the service is good. I cannot recommend Trattoria Neapolis.

Visited November 2013
Monrovia, California, USA
“Expensive dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We heard about the restaurant and wanted to try it. It was very expensive, portions were small and ala carte. Wine by the glass was $15 and the service was slow. Very dissappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arcadia, California
“Stunning decor - stunningly terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Drop dead beautiful setting and a spectacular wine list and that is it! The tables are too close together. You could eat of each other's plate. The server should know who gets what from the waiter and thumbs should remain outside of plates and bowls! I had to return the mussels - they smelled fishy - ugh and tasted worse. The soup was underseasoned, the arugula salad was wilted and over dressed and the pasta bolognese was dry. This restaurant needs a new, fine chef to go with its stunning decor. I hope the owner reads this and acts quickly before it's too late.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Fernando, California
“poor service restarant below the ratings”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

the restaurant is very nicely decorated, my son and i wanted to sat at the bar. the waiter/bartender took too long to come to our table he ofered us something to drink my son ordered a beer and wanted a glass of water. no lunch specials were offfered or a soup of the day. a few minutes later he came back and took our order we ordered . two pasta dishes. a few minutes later another person in a suit came with our food. maybe the food runner or a manager. two pasta dishes at our table he didnt offered parmassan cheese or bread, i asked if there was any bread that came with the pasta . his responce was is only by request. i thought how would i know what is being offered.i am the guest. a few minutes later a couple of older ladies sat next to our booth. they were greeted well and specials were offered i think that i saw a different type of service. waiter/bartender came back to refill my glass of water and checked if everything was ok. after that we never saw him again. i requested my check and the hostess took care of that. i think that my dollar is just as good as anyone else. and service needs a lot of improvement. or maybe it was discrimination because we are hispanic. it does not matter where you are from service should be equal to all if you want to make your restarant successful. we will never come back. so much for your great reviews.

• Visited October 2013