“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1203 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106-1843   |
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paris, France
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Plus : beds are large and confortable
Nice having coffee/ tea machine and microwave and fridge
The room colors are soft and the paintings nice touch
Lots of closet Space and the closet has a mirror
Some rooms have a whole kitchen
Back rooms looking out to the mountains do not have much noise
Pool is small and next to the road but heated
Bathroom is nice and amenities good
Parking and internet is free
Nice big TV screen
Accommodating staff
No restaurant but plenty in the area
Only problem I had was the breakfast room, too small and the variety very limited

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Once again i was visiting Pasadena for business and decided to stay at the Vagabond Inn again.
i arrived to the hotel early, before the check-in time, the desk clerk Dave informed me that i would be able to check into the room at no extra charge which was great since it was about 9am.
Dave told me that the room was on the third floor facing the mountains which was nice. he even stated if i wanted some breakfast to help myself before i go up to the room. The room was clean and comfortable with good internet access. Once again Dave thanks for the early check in and a great breakfast spread. I will always stay at The Vagabond Inn when I'm in Pasadena.

Room Tip: stay in a room facing the mountains
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Since we were in Pasadena for the national championship, the town was packed, and we ended up at the Vagabond basically because it was available. We normally wouldn't stay at a motel-type place. It worked out OK, though. If you want a low-cost option that is acceptable, give this a try.

If you're going to Pasadena as a visitor, chances are good you want to be close to Colorado Blvd (the main shopping and entertainment strip) or Cal Tech. This hotel is close to both. In fact, we parked our car at the hotel and walked to the college, to downtown, and to the Rose Bowl (Go FSU!) with no problems. So that's a big plus.

As far as the property itself, it is just an old-fashioned motel. Rooms open to the parking lot, a tiny lobby, and a minimal "breakfast area" with a narrow but OK selection of bagels, tea, coffee, some fruit, a waffle maker, and yogurt. It was enough to start the day--and free!--but nothing fancy or remarkable.

Our room (211) was also basic. It had two queen beds, a basic closet, and a kinda small bathroom. Our window looked out onto an alley and then a residential area. Considering it was a crazy weekend in Pasadena, we found our room reasonably quiet. The A/C unit is one of those that blows loudly from a unit under the window, but it worked OK and kept the room at a good temperature. The manager (at least I presume it was) is a bit of a character--somewhat gruff and grumpy--but once you get past that, he was pretty helpful. He let us check in quite early, even though he had to contact housekeeping to make sure our room had been cleaned, and we really appreciated that.

So there you have it--a basic motel in a convenient, if not glamorous, location, with so-so amenities and a decent price.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for one of the rooms in the back.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Linden, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

me and my wife arrived in passadenna, on new years eve , for the rose parade and the rose bowl. The staff at the Inn where very helpful, upon arrival, Are room was on the back side of the Inn , and really couldn't see much being it was night . But in the morning when we woke and opened the curtains, we had a nice view of the mountians ,., The room was very clean and quiet, We had a very nice breakfast, before the rose parade, Marvin at the front desk, was very helpful, and friendly , by giving us directions ,to the places we needed to get to. The next time we are in passadena we would stay at the vagabond again, And would recommend to our friends and family, mike n kim

Room Tip: I would book a room on the back side for view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great value for the money. Pet friendly (25.00 fee). Clean rooms free wifi,ample parking and and amazing free breakfast; bagels,waffles, English mu ssinf coffee, yogurt, fruit, cereal. Ok,so it's not the ritz but the staff try hard to please and you don't have to pay $200 or more per night.

Room Tip: Because I had a pet, I asked for ground floor. Room #105 was perfect. The bathroom was large handi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! I was pleased that the hotel had a pet policy. I always travel with my two dogs a miniature poodle and cocker spaniel. My pets are my other children! The manager and desk clerk were very friendly and accommodating. The rate was very good and with my AARP membership card I received an additional discount ! The hotel also offers several amenities of which I will describe a few below!

1. Continental breakfast with a waffle grill to make fresh waffles. Fresh fruit, yogurt, world class coffee, bagels and other fresh and sweet pastries and cereals.
2. Free WiFi.
3. Cable TV with a modern 55 +inch Flat panel !!
4. My room had an iron, ironing board, microwave and refrigerator.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Pasadena,CA this hotel is centrally located and perfect to access all that P...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ukiah, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Room was dirty and poorly laid out. Nothing was refreshed unless I asked. Not even plastic cups!
Asked if they had any aspirin and was given the directions to Rite-Aid. Good Thai restaurant across the street and a long walk to the convention center; just under a mile.

Room Tip: Stay in the back.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
dcatain1, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I"m sorry that the hotel was not up to your standards. i wish that you had informed the front desk or myself of the problems with your room. The Hotel takes pride in cleanliness and customer service to the highest level. I will talk with the housekepping dept regarding this matter.
I hope in the future that you give the hotel another chance to show you how good we are.

Dave Catain

Been to Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena? Share your experiences!