“Good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I spent a night at Vagabond. The hotel was well located the room was really clean, and good breakfast in the morning. Definitely I will stop at this place next time I go to Pasadena, CA

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sonora, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My Family of 5 were excited to start our summer trip when our transmission went out while traveling through Pasadena at midnight. We were able to rent one of the last rooms that night at the Vagabond Inn Executive Hotel, so we could get a couple hours of sleep before dealing with our truck. The next day I arranged to have my transmission fixed and Dave Cartain went above and beyond helping us secure rooms and accommodate us (including our dogs) during this stressful time. As many of you know when dealing with repair shops, you never know when they will finish. Dave held rooms for us until we knew when we could get on the road again. My wife and I are were able to relax and actually enjoy our stay In Pasadena. There are many restaurants within walking distance and a inexpensive movie theater. My children loved swimmting in the pool. Dave, if you ever read this, My wife and I can't thank you enough.
Mike and Debbie Hopper
Sonora CA.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Southern Cal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I attended a conference at the convention center, and in an attempt to save my work group some money stayed at this hotel. It is a basic place to sleep and shower. My room was clean and I didn't notice any odors. If you like fancy amenities or plan to spend a lot of time in your room, stay somewhere else. On the other hand, there was free parking and a free decent breakfast. The microwave and fridge were a nice touch, but I didn't spend enough time in my room to put them to use. It's a little too far to walk to the convention center, so if you fly in and don't have a car, stay at one of the walking hotels like the Hilton.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is the price range we usually stay at for hotels, but we've had to put up with less than standard fare. BUT, we were wonderfully surprised at this place; the room was the cleanest we have ever seen, the manager and all the staff were warm and friendly, the room had what we needed, daily room cleaning was thorough, the public spaces were clean, parking was free, and the breakfast was amazing. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.
J & T

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side of the building; Quiet and a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I reserved this room weeks ahead of time for a visit to caltech and guaranteed the room with a credit card. When we landed at lax after a long flight we received an email stating that we had cancelled our reservation. We called immediately and were informed that the hotel had cancelled it. The unhelpful man on the phone also informed us that all hotels in pasadena were full and offered no assistance in finding a room for my son and me. I have never been left hugh and dry by a hotel like this.

• Stayed May 2012
dcatain1, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Yes you did have a reservation at the Hotel, when you made the reservation you did give a credit card. The Hotel that weekend was at 100 percent occupancy. The hotel policy is that all credit cards must obtain an approval code from the credit card that the reservation was made from. It was unfortunate that your credit card was unable to get an approval code. The hotel held your room your as late as possible which was around 11:30pm as a courtesy to you. I'm very sorry for what has happened but the hotel policy is that all credit cards that cannot get an approval code from the credit card that was given upon arrival will be cancelled and sold to the next available customer. I hope in the future you will visit us again.
Flagstaff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Free parking! A plus in Pasadena. The hotel has a free breakfast. Nice to have coffee and a waffle or cereal before you are off and running. The service was very good. Asked directions and advice about a couple of stores. The young man working that day printed some items for us on the computer. The man who I presume is the owner was there during the weekday mornings and gave us some restaurant advice. The hotel is conveniently located. The only complaint I have is the stains on the carpet in our room. The carpet was dark but the stains were darker. The rest of the room was impeccably clean.

Room Tip: Ice machine is on the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Storrs, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Small rooms but clean, comfortable and great value. Road noise for first floor room, but second floor in back is quieter. Breakfast was okay. Paid $80 a night for room. Good location for Caltech visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena? Share your experiences!