“Wonderful atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 28 hotels in Pasadena
Arroyo Grande, California
“Wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I travel to Pasadena every month for work and I have chosen this hotel due to its great location and really wonderful staff. The staff from top to bottom are extremely kind and helpful. I have brought my wife and baby daughter on a couple trips and they go out of their way to help us. They have a supply of little animal bath toys that they give out to our daughter on each trip.
It isn't fancy but it has everything you would want in a great location. I would highly recommend for a trip to Pasadena.

Also - the omelet for breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Scott, Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay. We are so glad to hear we are your first choice when travelling to the Pasadena area for business or for pleasure with your family. Our highly trained staff is excellent and we are so fortunate to have great people! We look forward to your future visits to the area!

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was very happy with my week long stay here. The hotel was clean, nice, and didn't cost a fortune. Which is probably why they did not include breakfast. They had a decent assortment of beers in the bar and enough televisions in the lobby/bar to accommodate most everyone's wants.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Traveler, Thank you so much for taking a moment to share with us about your stay. It makes us so happy to hear that you were able to find something for everyone in our Bistro/ Bar Restaurant. We do our very best to find that something for everyone and are glad we accomplished that for you! We look forward to your future stays in the area!
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel just one night. This is a good location base for visit places in downtown Los Angeles - not more than 30 min away Parking garage is attached to the building. Hotel is just a few blocks from all of Old Pasadena restaurants and shops. Convenient location, great concierge service, very nice lobby, the rooms are clean. Window of our room was facing a gas station. Wi Fi was 3 bars out of 5 and is still ok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share with us about your stay! We are glad to hear you enjoyed it and were able to take advantage of our awesome location, which is located in Old Pasadena! We thank you again for your kind words and hope to see you again in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We took a foodie trip down to LA and this location served as a great base and launching point. Most places we went to in LA was a 30 minute drive. Additionally, the hotel is 1.5 blocks from all the action of downtown Pasadena full of its own restaurants and shops. Parking at the hotel is $15/nt for self park, $17/nt for valet.

Pros:
- Staff are very courteous
- Location

Cons:
- Decor is a little outdated
- Rooms are mostly clean, but there was some mold building up on the ceiling corners above the bathtub.
- TVs are on the small side (26") compared to other Courtyard Marriott's we've stayed at in the past.

Overall, it was a good hotel and good value. We would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear we served as an excellent spot to stay for your foodie trip to the area! We are so very close to many of those amazing shops and restaurants that Old Pasadena is known for! We look forward to future stays and thank you again for your kind words!
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night at the end of a trip around LA. It was the nicest hotel and part of LA that I visited. Efficient desk staff, who kindly allowed me to check-in early. Well-appointed and clean room with fridge, microwave and coffee machine. The multi-storey car park adjoins the hotel and allows you to self-park on the same floor as your room. Nice pool area - a shame I didn't have a chance to use it during my short stay. Pasdena has a wide choice of places to eat & drink. As with other Courtyard properties, there is free WiFi and computer terminals in the reception area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay. We are so glad to hear that we were one of your best stops when travelling the area! Our staff is well trained to serve all of our guests and give them the best experience possible! We look forward to your future visits to the area!
Hurst, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice people here. Rooms are a little old and small, but you can't beat the location. My first day, I was blow drying my hair and the whole mounting came off of the wall. I called the front desk and when I returned, there was a brand new blow dryer installed. How nice. Didn't eat the food here, as I am not a high enough rewards member to get the free meal. Great Nepalese restaurant around the corner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share with us about your stay! We are so glad to hear our service exceeded your expectations as that is our goal. Our location is very nice and convenient located within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. We look forward to your future stays in the area!
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was here for two weeks in February of 2013 with my mom and my brother. We came all the way from Sweden and got to the hotel in the morning. My brother and I started talking to the staff and spent most of the 2 next weeks doing that.
That night we were starving from our jet lag, but all we had to do if we were hungry was go down to the market in the hotel and get a fruit salad at 5 in the morning. Also the bistro breakfast is incredible. I recommend the french toast, because it's a perfect blend of unhealthy and delicious.
And my family rented a car from budget, that the hotel helped us with, that was incredibly smooth. I believe that one could get manicures on tuesday evenings. The manicures were very cheap, and really pretty.
We were there when they had the Oscar gala, and let me tell you, this Courtyard by Marriott is very good at the Oscars. They gave me and my brother popcorn from their popcorn machine and we bet on winners.
Do not get me started on the pool. Dear god that body of water is remarkable.
I could easily go on for quite a while but I won't. Anyways, if you have a thirteen-year old girl like me, TAKE HER HERE.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our goal for every guest that walks through our door is to receive the up-most service that you have gotten and we thank you for sharing that with us! Our location, property and most of all staff is awesome and we are so very proud to call us the Courtyard by Marriott Pasadena! We hope to see you in your future travels to the area!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena? Share your experiences!