“Customer service, comfortable rooms, great location = phenomenal stay-vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Pasadena
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel staff is amazing. The hotel is within walking distance of Old Town. The lobby is open with plenty of nooks for personal down time. Breakfast was great and fun. Omelets are cooked to match any preference.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our amazing hotel staff and perfect location. Any day started with a cooked to order omelet, will most assuredly be a good day. We very much look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard Marriott Pasadena for business June 2013 for 4 nights. The location of the hotel sneaks up on you. I was greeted by the doorman and he opened the door. The check in desk is located immediately inside the doors and is organized and non-cluttered. They had some really nice little mints on the desk. Check in was a breeze and efficient. If paying by debit card the incidental charge was as low as I have seen it in several years. The lobby was open and clean. I did not go to the restaurant or use the lobby except to enter the hallway so I can't comment on the service much in the restaurant. My room was clean and ready for my arrival. Plenty of towels and pillows. The hair dryer did short out sevveral times but the reset button seemed to fix the problem. Bathroom was nice but nothing fancy. The shampoo and cnditioner samples were Paul Mitchell brand. I was pleasantly suprised and appreciated a nice shampoo. Check out was efficient and the Super Shuttle picked up at the door. The cost of teh Super Shuttle was 50.00 round trip from LAX. Totally worth it. The location is in walking distance from the town. I enjoyed the ER wine shop right around the corner of the hotel in which had a nice sampling of 4 French wines ( Elliott and Joe were great hosts ) I was expecting the people of Pasadena to be a bit stuffy and non-hospitable, but found the opposite. This hotel location is a little further away from the convention center than I felt comforatble walking alone back to hotel from late conference meetings. I never felt threatened, but would have been nice to have had a Courtyard courtesy van.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide such detail about your positive experiences at our hotel. We will make sure to share your comments with our team. The hotel is a great choice for anyone attending a convention at the Pasadena Convention Center as it’s very walkable and just 12 minutes door to door. The ER (Everson Royce) Wine shop is a great choice and just a few steps from the hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we hope travels bring you back to Pasadena in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently for a wedding in Pasadena. The hotel has a great location, just a couple blocks from the main street of Old Town Pasadena. The parking attendants were very attentive and staff very friendly. The lobby has been recently renovated, but the rest of the hotel could possibly be due for an update. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. There was a convenient café downstairs with a great food selection and fast service. Would definitely return the next time we come to Pasadena.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our convenient location and experience at our hotel. This hotel is a great location for Wedding guests as almost everything is walkable from our location. With over 300 shops and restaurants directly outside of our doors, many wise travelers choose to do their wedding gift shopping right here in Old Pasadena. We are very much looking forward to your next visit to Pasadena. Until then, safe travels.
Centennial, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here recently while attending a conference at the convention center. Very convenient to the conference, as well as shops and restaurants in Old Pasadena. The lobby is very inviting, and the gentleman that checked me in and out was incredibly friendly and helpful (I think his name is Marcus). Rooms are nice, and come with a fridge and microwave. Everything was in working order. I had a room that faced the pool/courtyard, which was likely more quiet than facing the street. Unfortunately I didn't have time to enjoy the pool, but it looked very nice with lots of comfy seating. Complimentary Wi-Fi in the room was awesome, and the bar area was nice for unwinding. If I'm ever in Pasadena again, I'll be sure to stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our great location, facilities and most of all our staff. We will keep the pool ready and the warm Pasadena sun shining for your next visit.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you can sleep with a noisy air conditioner and don't need a room safe, consider this a 5 rating. We turned the air conditioner off at night and carried our valuables around with us. Inconvenient, but not that bad. There was a microwave and refrigerator in place of the safe, so if that is your preference, this is the place for you. The bathroom was a little small and the shower was a little weak, but not intolerable. There was only one small towel rack, mounted too low, such that the hand towels draped on the bathroom counter. The alarm clock was impossible to figure out. It's a good thing I had my travel clock with me.

Now the good. There was direct access to the floor from the parking structure so we didn't have to lug our suitcases through the lobby and up an elevator. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our card key didn't work, so the desk clerk made another and walked me to the room to make sure the new one worked. There was a free business center where we could check-in and print out our boarding passes. Free WiFi was only available in the lobby. There was a coffee maker with decent coffee. There was sufficient closet and drawer space. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. All Marriott hotels seem to be quite clean and this one was no exception.

We had a room overlooking the courtyard and pool. It was very quiet at night. I would assume that outside rooms facing the street would be noisier. The location was convenient for our purposes and, if we are in the neighborhood again, we would stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard/pool. It's quiet at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I do apologize that the air conditioner was not as quiet as you deserved. For future stays please let us know if there are any issues and we will get them fixed immediately. We also have safe deposit boxes available at the front desk for your valuables. Wi-Fi is also available in our guest rooms at no charge. We will share with our team your many positive comments as it relates to our staff, easy parking and comfortable bed. Thank you again for your comments.
We very much looking forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here back in March when we were in Pasadena visiting my sister who is at Cal Tech. We had a good experience with this Courtyard. The hotel is in an excellent location. Old Pasadena is right outside of the hotel, it is very close to Cal Tech, it is very close to the rose bowl, and it is close to LA. Also there is a Gold Line station within walking distance, The hotel was also convenient for us since it is very close to Alhambra and San Gabriel Valley where we frequently went to eat and shop(we are Chinese and these areas have a very high population of Asians). When we first arrived at the hotel, in the afternoon, we were greeted by the valet staff who came to help us get out of our car. I was very surprised by their service. We told them that we would be using the self park instead of valet. Usually when you say this the valet staff will leave and ignore you but they maintained the same level of excellent service. They helped us unload our car and held the doors open for us. The front desk staff were decent. They seemed very mechanical and they were nowhere near as polite and courteous as the valet staff. I really like the lobby though. It is very comfortable and welcoming. There are numerous comfortable places to sit and relax. There is also a restaurant and a Starbucks. There is a big touch screen device that was very helpful in giving the weather and giving maps of the area. There is also a business area in the lobby which was a pleasure to have. There is also a big flat screen TV in the lobby that which I used during the nights to watch ESPN. Our room was better than average. It was pretty clean. We had a room with two queens on the top floor(I requested a high floor). The bathroom was very clean but our shower/bathtub had a drainage problem. It took a long time for the water to drain. I believe there was some sort of blockage, hair maybe? The room was equipped with a nice TV, a nice work desk, an office chair, and an arm chair. The arm chair was not anything to write home about though. The bathroom sink is not in the same room as the shower and toilet. The shower and toilet are in a room and the sink and mirror are outside next to it. This was convenient for us as one person could be in the shower and another could use the sink to brush their teeth. There was also a mirror attached to the wall in front of the big mirror. This was an extendible double sided shaving/makeup mirror which was a very nice and useful thing to have. Overall our room was very nice and exceptional for the value. The hotel also has a gym. The gym had I believe four pieces of cardio equipment and an adjustable bench with dumbbells up to 35 pounds if I can recall that correctly. The gym also had cold water, towels, and free headphones. The hotel also has a courtyard that has a pool and multiple tables surrounding it to sit in. The pool was nice and we frequently sat outside at the various tables to enjoy the nice weather. I am not sure if the manager reads these reviews or not but I would like to comment on a breakfast waitress from the restaurant. The waitress was a Hispanic woman with glasses. I wish I could have remembered her name. She made our breakfast experiences feel like we were dining at a five star fancy restaurant. Her service was excellent. She was very, very hardworking and did whatever she could to make our dining experiences the best they could be. She helped make our stay very enjoyable. We really appreciated how hard she works. You can tell when people like or dislike what they do and the waitress really cared about and liked her job. Also, there was another employee that was a star employee. There was a night security guard who I believe was Haitian. He was very polite and helpful and he was also a very hard worker and appeared to really car about his job.
Overall we had a very nice stay. The price and value for the price was unbeatable.
Pros:price, comfort, amenities, value for the rooms, valet and breakfast staff, there is ample parking, you can park on the same floor as your room
Cons:parking is a fee, elevators are placed in the four corners of the hotel, front desk staff could be more polite

This is all I can really think of right now for this review.
We had a very enjoyable stay and we will stay here again next time we are in Pasadena. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Wow ! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us such great and detailed feedback. I can assure you that we do read these reviews and take them seriously.
Highlighting our great location and your positive experiences is really appreciated and we will share with our staff and supervisors. We will also share the areas where we might have fallen short. If you would like to email me or call me personally with your name and room number that you stayed in, we can fully check the issue with drainage. My email address is stephen.blaine@dimdev.com and direct line is 626-755-2521.
Many thanks again and we look forward to having you back in Pasadena in the near future.
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here while moving my daughter from LA to Pasadena. Could not have asked for better service! Greeted by very friendly valet and desk service, Marcus in particular. My room was clean and well maintained with a nice view of the swimming pool. The fitness center is small but adequate with fine operating equipment. It could be a little cooler in the work out room but they were experiencing record heat that weekend. I forgot a toothbrush and one was brought to my room within 5 minutes with a follow up phone call to make sure. The staff at the Bistro counter was friendly every morning. And the food we ordered was very good. I happened to be there on Mother's Day and heard many well wishes from the staff. I was teary leaving my daughter in front of the hotel, only to be given a box of Kleenex by the valet, along with some very kind words. I loved staying here and will definitely return to this hotel when I visit.

Room Tip: I enjoyed room looking out to the pool with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay. We pride ourselves in the level of service our staff provides all the way through our housekeeping staff to our valet staff. Our property is equipped with state of the art equipment as you mentioned you saw in our fitness center. We are glad we were a perfect place for you to stay while you were in the process of moving your daughter. We hope that when you come visit your daughter, we can be your home away from home.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena? Share your experiences!