The location is so good that we didn't even use the car one day--everyplace we wanted to go that day was within walking distance. It's easy and quick to get to downtown LA by Metro--a couple of stations are within walking distance of the hotel. Our room was quiet and comfortable (ask for a room not facing Fair Oaks Avenue). The art on the walls is more interesting than in most hotels. The staff--front desk, concierge--were extremely friendly and helpful. Microwave and fridge in the room were good to have, though we didn't use them. Free wi-fi in the room and in the lobby is a big plus. Fitness room, pool, and jacuzzi are good to have. Parking at the hotel is expensive (minimum $15/day), and the parking structure is a bit awkward to use. Valet service costs extra, naturally.
Nearby restaurants: Russells, right down the street, has excellent breakfasts; we went every morning rather than paying for a hotel breakfast. The Beckham Grill, around the corner on Walnut, serves superb dinners. AKA American Grill, a few blocks west, is fun and tasty.
Disappointments: the room had no thermostat; heat and a/c are provided by an old-fashioned unit in the wall. The bathroom doesn't have enough towel bars. The face of the clock-radio isn't illuminated, so we couldn't see the time at night. These are minor disappointments, though. We'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town is located in the heart of Old Pasadena. This Southern California jewel of the Los Angeles area has everything you want in a modern but historic city. Home of the annual Tournament of Roses Parade and college football's Rose Bowl Stadium, home of UCLA Bruins home games, Pasadena is where you want to be in the Los Angeles area. The Courtyard by Marriott® Pasadena Old Town is an upscale full service 314 unit hotel featuring deluxe guest rooms and executive suites with complimentary high-speed Internet access. The Paseo Colorado outdoor shopping plaza is five blocks from this city center hotel. Nearby golfing includes the Annandale, Brookside, and Eaton Canyon courses. Other attractions such as Universal Studios Hollywood®, Santa Anita Race Park, Dodger Stadium, the Staples Center, and Huntington Gardens are easily accessed. The Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town keeps you comfortable, convenient and connected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena Hotel Pasadena
- Courtyard Pasadena
- Courtyard Los Angeles Old Pasadena
- Pasadena Courtyard
- Pasadena Marriott