My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while visiting the area. Check in at the front desk was very smooth and the attendant made a point of offering to provide us with restaurant recommendations later if we would need them and directed us well. The room and lobby were nice for the level of hotel chain the Courtyard is and it is definitely the nicest and best kept in the immediate area. The room was clean, comfortable, and reasonably stylish.
The hotel has a "Bistro" that served food in the evening and breakfast in the morning. I was surprised, though, in the morning to see that this meant that the food was served somewhat cafeteria style where you pay as you go through a line and take your food and then go sit down. While that is fine if you are in a desperate hurry, if you have the time, I would highly recommend walking four blocks and getting breakfast at Marston's (best breakfast in Pasadena) on Walnut.
You are within easy access of walking to some really nice restaurants and some other sites. Old Town Pasadena is considerably gentrified and a hub for a lot of great restaurants, boutiques and other shopping. That being said, there's still a significant element of the seamier side evident in the surrounding area.
Be wary of issues with parking. Parking is at a premium in this area and the parking staff want you to valet. There is a sign that says you cannot go to self parking until you check in, perhaps because you need a room key to enter the hotel from higher levels of the structure. My husband specifically asked about self parking and was ignored both the first time he asked and the second time he asked the parking staff person. He finally stopped the man and got him to answer that yes there was self parking. My husband told him that he was going to self park as soon as he checked in, but the car was then taken to valet. After my husband insisted, the man agreed to return the car so he could self park, ($15/night for self parking, not sure how much more valet would have been).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town is located in the heart of Old Pasadena. This Southern California jewel of the Los Angeles area has everything you want in a modern but historic city. Home of the annual Tournament of Roses Parade and college football's Rose Bowl Stadium, home of UCLA Bruins home games, Pasadena is where you want to be in the Los Angeles area. The Courtyard by Marriott® Pasadena Old Town is an upscale full service 314 unit hotel featuring deluxe guest rooms and executive suites with complimentary high-speed Internet access. The Paseo Colorado outdoor shopping plaza is five blocks from this city center hotel. Nearby golfing includes the Annandale, Brookside, and Eaton Canyon courses. Other attractions such as Universal Studios Hollywood®, Santa Anita Race Park, Dodger Stadium, the Staples Center, and Huntington Gardens are easily accessed. The Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town keeps you comfortable, convenient and connected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena Hotel Pasadena
- Courtyard Pasadena
- Courtyard Los Angeles Old Pasadena
- Pasadena Courtyard
- Pasadena Marriott