“Late Night” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colorado Blvd
Transit: Near Gold Line Lake Station (3 blocks)
Pasadena, California
“Late Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We met my friend here for dinner after work. What a great little place - both the service and food are top notch. For appetizers we ordered a charcuterie board, heirloom beet salad, and crab fritters. All were awesomely delicious. For dinner I had the scallops and shrimp - while, scallops were perfectly cooked, I thought the shrimp was a tad overdone - hence only a 4 star rating. My wife had the filet mignon and my friend ordered the lamb chops. Both were also very good. We will definitely come back for more.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

california
“Great flavors, amazing lunch deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

What a nice little place!
The service was really good, the lunch with the Gumbo Soup, Chicken Achiote Sandwich and a nice salad with herbs! all for $14! Wow!
And it was all tasty, fresh and 2 blocks from my office...
Will be back for sure!

• Visited December 2012
Pasadena
“Fine fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We love this place. We find the interior cozy and charming; the patio lovely; and the service restrained and professional. (No, "Hi, my name is Mike!") But mostly we love the food. Last night we had the bluenose bass on a hash of corn bacon and mushroom. It was absolutely heavenly. My husband thought it was one of the best dishes he has ever eaten anywhere! We also had the gumbo and loved it. A rolling subtle heat, with layers of complex flavors, a sharp counter-point to the huge sweet shrimp and the tart and salty sausage. I have eaten gumbo all over N'awlins and I love Noir's gumbo. We finished off with the flourless chocolate cake with many kinds of berries. Could not have been more sinfully delicious.

We had a great lunch here a few weeks back and worried that it might have been a fluke. But last night's impeccable and exquisite dinner convinced us that we have a treasure here in Pasadena. We will be back again and again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Gabriel, California
“Excellent seafood and surprisingly good burgers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My daughter and I had the pan seared bass which had a very nice cream sauce with shitake mushrooms and fresh corn. My son had one of the burgers which tasted like it was made with Kobe beef. A bit pricey but worth the extra expense.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Noir tonight. The service was excellent, especially considering it was Friday and the place was full! I would highly recommend starting with cheese and wine. Plenty of choices! For dinner I had the pan seared scallops and shrimp and my husband had the braised pork belly, both of which we would order again. I can honestly say the scallops were the best I've ever had at a restaurant in Pasadena. For dessert we split the chocolate terrine. It was delicious and the presentation was perfect with pieces of fruit and purée.
Our waitress called Noir a hidden gem in Pasadena and I totally agree. Just remember to make reservations! I hope more people that enjoy this restaurant take the time to leave their comments on Trip Advisor. Noir should be at the top of the list of places to eat in Pasadena.