“My preferred choice in the area for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
Paris, France
“My preferred choice in the area for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

After many tries in different places, I've found out this hotel to embody the ideal compromise: room size and facilities, parking space, closeness to running track (Los Altos bike path), large swimming pool, 24h gym... "Reasonable" fares for my company. No brainer for me.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms around the swimming pool, not in the main building
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello Yoyo3008,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on our property. We appreciate your feed back and are very glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations on your recent stay with the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. Our team takes their roles very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. I will share your kind words with them .
Thank you again and I look forward to being your hotel of choice when traveling to the Palo Alto area.

650.628.0124

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a 2 week business trip. I did not book this hotel but I was told it was quite pricey by my colleague who booked the hotel. This hotel needs a lot of TLC and apparently for the price could do with a bit of work. The decor is tired and in need of an update. A full refurbishment is desperately needed. Some of the staff even had holes in their uniforms which I think is pretty unacceptable for a global brand like Crown Plaza. A lot of the room doors bang so you can hear people coming and going which can be a problem when trying to sleep. The staff on the other hand were very polite and pleasant and the food that I ordered was of good quality. I'm sad to say would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Kymbilli,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased to know that you found our food highly commendable and staff very polite and pleasant. Our staff does their utmost to provide you with excellent service and an optimized stay, therefore we are delighted to hear that you experienced this as such.

I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation regarding the hotel condition and noise challenges encountered. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed here while in town for a friend's birthday bash - didn't want to drive back to the City. The hotel is nice... it apparently has been through many name changes etc. i would actually give it 3.5 starts if it were an option - but....no can do.

Hotel seems a bit dated - and my goodness is it hard to find your way around. There are rooms around the lobby - there is a circular staircase and you have to go around and around to find the rooms - if there were a staircase, we could have gone from our room to the hall leading to the parking area, but instead we had to go back into the building to go back down the hall and out of the building.

We had friends staying here also - they had a room near the pool with a deck - they reserved the same type of room I did.

All that said, the bed was comfortable and the shower was fine. Not a destination, but if you find yourself in need of a hotel in Palo Alto the Crowne Plaza will work.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hello SFOglobetrotter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.We know that you have many choices when traveling to the Bay Area and we are pleased that you enjoyed tor time with Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. We are currently finalizing plans for renovations and with guest feedback we are able to better ensure that all items will be addressed.

I apologize that you experienced difficulty with navigating the hotel. We will be addressing better signage in the renovation to help alleviate this problem.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hotel is perfectly acceptable but dated and lacking given the price. The staff were very helpful and polite. From the 4 nights we stayed, breakfast was good as well - no issues as per other reviews. Location-wise it is better positioned than some hotels for downtown Palo Alto and the business district.

As others have mentioned, It is expensive and compared to the many Crowne Plaza hotels I have stayed it didn't have a minibar in the room or a safe. Our original room was near the pool and had a noisy air conditioning unit. Luckily we were able to move a few rooms down to a better room. As far as price goes its probably got something to do with Palo Alto being expensive and the hotel is often full with business folks (like me). The rooms are clean and plenty big enough for 2 adults and our 2 children. The pool was good for the kids too (cold though).

Would I stay here again? Yes but I would want a room in the main building on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Choose room in main building on high floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hello Philip D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Palo Alto and for taking the time to share your experiences. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. With honest feedback we are able to better improve every guest experience.

With the new addition of our fantastic Executive Chef we have been able to reinvent our breakfast menu and are all very excited. I will share your kind words with my team.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

BLUFFTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We checked in today...I was worried having read some of the reviews. Our room is lovely, spacious, and clean. Not "tired". The young man who took care of our car and luggage was very polite and the maintenance person, George, was a true delight. Full of manners and joy. So far we have not tried the food but I really needed to put a plug in for a hotel that seems to be doing things right~ More later~

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello Joan_MBluffton,

Thank you so much for taking time during your stay to share your kind words. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. It is always wonderful to hear that your were pleasantly surprised by your experience. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again soon.

Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel while on business as a solo traveller. I found the hotel to be clean with reasonably friendly check in staff but that was the extent of my positive experience. The hotel was very, very basic and expensive. I stayed downstairs, the tiles resulted in no sleep as the corridor was very noisy all night. Breakfast was very, very poor - poor quality and even worse service. I had room service - a beef burger and glass of wine - inc service and tip it was $44 for something very low in quality.

I will not be staying again.

Room Tip: You will get no sleep on the ground floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello Irish_Madge,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We are currently in contact with our owners regarding property improvements and hope be able to resolve these areas of growth within the next 18 months.

I am sorry to hear that your food was less than satisfactory. We have just recently brought on a new executive chef who is working to create a new menu.

Once again, thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Rehovot, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I recently stayed in the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto for several nights and ws disappointed. This is despite several previous stays over several years. The room furnishings were outdated and well in line for replacement, the airconditioner was noisy and breakfast was below average. In addition to all this I happened to coincide with some conference in town and the charges were outrageous, reaching $450 a night on the last night.
Probably would avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking to time to leave your feedback regarding your stay with us. We strive to make every guest experience memorable and all feedback, both good and bad, assist us to do so. I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than staisfactory.

We are currently in communication with our ownership regarding many of the items you have addressed and hope to have these items corrrected within the next 18 months. We have also just hired a new executive chef who is in the process of creating a new and inspired menu.

Thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have many choices when deciding where to stay in the Silicon Valley and do hope to welcome you back again soon.

650.628.0124

Been to Crowne Plaza Palo Alto? Share your experiences!