“Comfortable stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 24 hotels in Palo Alto
Tokyo, Japan
“Comfortable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am hear for two weeks and I had a pleasant stay.
Staff were nice, rooms were OK. Nothing to complain about the hotel and the service.

There are a couple of requests.
Coming from Japan, I would prefer the bathtubs to be deeper.
The complimentary shuttle service is helpful, but would be great if they had more than one car (I suppose people generally drive so the demand is not so big).

Also, since this is paid by the company, I am not sure how much I am spending per night, and nor do I know how much the hotels in the area are in general, but from a global standard if below USD200, it provides good value for money. If more, I would think it is expensive and the rooms could be improved if they charged higher.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear carioca500,

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

I am glad to read that you were pleased with the services we provide. One of the greatest rewards is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional experience for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect. In addition, we have documented your comments and have forwarded them to the appropriate parties. Our goal is to provide consistent high quality service, and I am confident the necessary steps will be taken to achieve complete satisfaction.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Dhan M

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The rooms are ugly. My room was in a building with outside corridors that are very dirty and unsafe.
Its complete overpiriced.
The Manager and Staff apparently dont care about taking care of guests and the brand image of Crown Plaza.
The heater was noisy and the bathroom was a combined shower and toilet.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Diana L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Nice large rooms, look very modern and nicely designed. Lighting at night was a bit dark in the room. One major issue is that the rooms are very noisy. You can hear noise from adjacent rooms and the hallway all night long which makes it hard to sleep for a light sleeper. This is on second floor in the outside corridor. In the main tower, it may be different. Also, parking lot noise was also very loud in the room. Staff was welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed In a few hotels around Palo Alto, I was pleasantly surprised by the Crowne Plaza, it was never my first choice but I may have to think again. My room was spacious and modern. The bathroom clean and well appointed. Breakfast was great (perhaps a little pricey), and the bar was friendly with the normal array of business travellers. A good all round business hotel, I would say at the better side of average.

Stayed December 2013
Chris J, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dominic T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. It is always good to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by your experience. We always appreciate the feedback and hope to be your new hotel of choice when business brings you to our area.

Cheers!

Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you need to stay in Palo Alto, then this is a great hotel. I stayed over the weekend and the price was very reasonable, though I understand that it is significantly more during the week. I was originally booked in the tower, but requested a first floor room and was quickly upgraded to a pool side room to accommodate my request. The room was perfect, with a small patio, where I ate lunch and a beautiful bathroom with a king-size tub! The service was excellent. The staff were very accommodating. Breakfast tasty too. I was able to prepay for breakfast- $10/person. Again, I'm not sure if these deals are available during the week, but it worked out perfect for me.
My only complaint was that the pool wasn't heated and the water was freezing, so it couldn't really be used, so I'm not sure why it was even open. I'm a swimmer, so I notice these things :)

I notice that some people have complained about paying for parking and I was warned by a colleague that there was a charge. Again, I don't know if this is a weekend thing, but I wasn't asked to pay, and there didn't seem to be any payment requested anywhere. Since I was on the ground floor, I was able to park right outside my door-- very convenient. Also, even though I had a ground floor room, I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was.

Room Tip: the ground floor rooms have nice little patios with chairs and tables. They are convenient for parki...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
feld,

Thanks for writing the review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your request for an upgrade to a pool side room. Sounds like you enjoyed your guest room and the patio area.

We do have a solar system that "heats" the pool, but it is unable to keep the room warm in the very cold winter months. We keep the pool area open, as some guests do enjoy the fully heated spa in the cold months.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback and such a great rating. It will be shared with the staff and is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza during your next visit to our area.

Boeblingen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed once when the Marriott next door that I usually go to was full. It's much more of a big impersonal hotel than the Marriott, but the pool is bigger and better! Overall it's a higher standard than the Marriott and therefore usually more expensive. Breakfast buffet 16$ but you can order individual items which makes it cheaper. What I did not like is that although the car park is open air and in theory anyone could park there, no gate etc, you are charge 10$ a day for parking. I find that too much. (Both the Marriott Courtyard and Residence Inn have free underground parking)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TheLight,

Thank you for your recent review of the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. I am glad you enjoyed our pool and patio area, it is the largest in the Palo Alto area! Good suggestion as to the option of ordering off the menu for breakfast, it is a good way if you are looking for something small and lite compared to our full daily buffet. We do charge for parking at a rate that is consistent with the other full-service hotels in our area, but feel at a rate of $ 10.00 per night during the week, we are actually at a lower price than our competitors.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Palo Alto, and look forward to having you back at the Crowne Plaza.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this property. The rooms have nothing special.

First night I got to the room, after midnight, the heat is not working. Someone from the staff comes into the room and since there's a technical issue, they move me to a nicer room (larger). He checks the heat and says that it will take some time before the heat starts working and leaves the room promising that it will work.
20 minutes after, already after 1am, the heat is not working and I'm cold in the room. I decide to go to bed since it's already too late.

The next morning, I ask at the front desk to have the heat checked. When I come back to the room after a few meetings, the room is empty and my clothes are not there. I run back to the front desk and I am told that I have been moved to another room (WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!). The new room was smaller.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Diegosternberg,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Palo Alto? Share your experiences!