“convenient hotel in palo alto” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
Israel
“convenient hotel in palo alto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you need to stay in Palo Alto, then this is a great hotel. I stayed over the weekend and the price was very reasonable, though I understand that it is significantly more during the week. I was originally booked in the tower, but requested a first floor room and was quickly upgraded to a pool side room to accommodate my request. The room was perfect, with a small patio, where I ate lunch and a beautiful bathroom with a king-size tub! The service was excellent. The staff were very accommodating. Breakfast tasty too. I was able to prepay for breakfast- $10/person. Again, I'm not sure if these deals are available during the week, but it worked out perfect for me.
My only complaint was that the pool wasn't heated and the water was freezing, so it couldn't really be used, so I'm not sure why it was even open. I'm a swimmer, so I notice these things :)

I notice that some people have complained about paying for parking and I was warned by a colleague that there was a charge. Again, I don't know if this is a weekend thing, but I wasn't asked to pay, and there didn't seem to be any payment requested anywhere. Since I was on the ground floor, I was able to park right outside my door-- very convenient. Also, even though I had a ground floor room, I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was.

Room Tip: the ground floor rooms have nice little patios with chairs and tables. They are convenient for parki...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chris J, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
feld,

Thanks for writing the review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your request for an upgrade to a pool side room. Sounds like you enjoyed your guest room and the patio area.

We do have a solar system that "heats" the pool, but it is unable to keep the room warm in the very cold winter months. We keep the pool area open, as some guests do enjoy the fully heated spa in the cold months.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback and such a great rating. It will be shared with the staff and is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza during your next visit to our area.

Chris Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Boeblingen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed once when the Marriott next door that I usually go to was full. It's much more of a big impersonal hotel than the Marriott, but the pool is bigger and better! Overall it's a higher standard than the Marriott and therefore usually more expensive. Breakfast buffet 16$ but you can order individual items which makes it cheaper. What I did not like is that although the car park is open air and in theory anyone could park there, no gate etc, you are charge 10$ a day for parking. I find that too much. (Both the Marriott Courtyard and Residence Inn have free underground parking)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TheLight,

Thank you for your recent review of the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto. I am glad you enjoyed our pool and patio area, it is the largest in the Palo Alto area! Good suggestion as to the option of ordering off the menu for breakfast, it is a good way if you are looking for something small and lite compared to our full daily buffet. We do charge for parking at a rate that is consistent with the other full-service hotels in our area, but feel at a rate of $ 10.00 per night during the week, we are actually at a lower price than our competitors.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Palo Alto, and look forward to having you back at the Crowne Plaza.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this property. The rooms have nothing special.

First night I got to the room, after midnight, the heat is not working. Someone from the staff comes into the room and since there's a technical issue, they move me to a nicer room (larger). He checks the heat and says that it will take some time before the heat starts working and leaves the room promising that it will work.
20 minutes after, already after 1am, the heat is not working and I'm cold in the room. I decide to go to bed since it's already too late.

The next morning, I ask at the front desk to have the heat checked. When I come back to the room after a few meetings, the room is empty and my clothes are not there. I run back to the front desk and I am told that I have been moved to another room (WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!). The new room was smaller.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Diegosternberg,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Staff was always friendly. The room was superb, quite and truly nice. I liked the fact that the closet was located in the bathroom, which helped keeping the room tidy. The front desk people were always nice and eager to help. The bar is also nice. Parking was free and accessible. Would recommend to anyone. Would also return with family since the room is large enough to have the entire family

Yossi G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you appreciated our nice rooms, which give you lots of space to enjoy.

We appreciate the feedback and I look forward to sharing with the team your nice comments regarding how friendly and "super nice and eager" they were in treating you.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Palo Alto.

Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

late-night reception was unfriendly.

We got the Beatles room (surprise -- no one stole the old vinyl records &wrappers); slept well (just 1 bed now -- presumably more in 1963 ...)

Breakfast service as slow &sloppy: wrong tea, cold porridge (my wife -- later either reheated or allegedly fresh remade), cold potatoes (me -- at leasst omelette was warm &fresh). Waitress did not seem to care.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear GideonSeattle,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. It is regrettable your stay was negative affected by the poor service you experienced during breakfast. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As a woman traveling alone on business, I did not like how the entrance to my room was in the very back next to an alley/parking lot. Felt very secluded, no hallway or anything to go through. Also would have expected a little more outdoor food/beverage service. I sat at a table by the pool for three hours and was never once offered a drink or food. Had to bring everything inside for service.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Jackie J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room assignment prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had booked a poolside cabana...and specifically wanted a poolside cabana. When I arrived I was told I had been "upgraded" to a suite. This is not at all what I wanted. The room was enormous and largely felt void of furniture. A huge entry hall was barren. The desk chair was broken and the sliders onto the patio only locked with a pole jammed in - the doors themselves didn't lock. The decor didn't work. At all. After the first night I requested to move to what I had booked. While the room itself was much better it didnt feel particularly clean, with dust bunnies in the bathroom. When I checked out, the front desk clerk was so phoney it was offputting. Lobby area was just mediocre, as was the breakfast. For the price I'd expect better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear brently55,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the room assigned to you. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Palo Alto? Share your experiences!