“Lovely Hotel and Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Palo Alto
San Francisco, California
“Lovely Hotel and Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a one night getaway and loved it. The room was beautifully decorated, clean, and had a very spacious, airy feel to it. I especially liked the white wooden shutter blinds and the lovely, light color scheme of the entire room. The bathroom was also large and very comfortable.

Service was great and as a Priority Club Platinum member I received complimentary breakfast.

The only negative to our stay was that the air conditioning unit in the room was a bit noisy at times.

This hotel made us feel like we were at a nice resort somewhere tropical instead of being in Silicon Valley! We will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Second stay at hotel. Everything is fine except on this trip I had a room with no back window on the second floor. Despite an AC system apparently blowing at full capacity, the room was really stuffy and hot. I had to prop open the door with a chair each time I came back to the room in order to breathe. The place is quiet and safe so it wasn't the end of the world, but this should not be. Not sure if I'll stay here again despite everything else being fine.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor left wing. Ventilation problems.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear White Mountain Man,

Thank you so much for returning to us, I can see you had a previous review on us as well from a stay about a year ago. We appreciate your feedback and always want to improve where needed. My sincere apology that the unit was not adequately cooling the room to your expectation. If you would like to discuss with me directly, I would love to address with you if you can take the time. I'd like to have that particular unit you mentioned looked at and I have no way to follow up due to the anonymity of Trip Advisor. I would like to repair the unit properly so future guests do not experience the same issue. I would very much appreciate your time if you can find a moment to either email me or call me at my direct contact below. Again, my apologies, if I can also do anything to make it up to you, I'm happy to help you any way I can.

Many thanks!
Makati City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We wished we stayed here from the beginning of our trip and spared ourselves from the horror of non existent service from Holiday Inn in San Mateo. Right of the bat when we checked in you can feel the warmth of welcoming you to their hotel plus the acknowledgment of being a priority member. The front desk personnel made us feel as guests again, we loved it.
The room was clean, beds comfortable, spacious enough for three adults, most importantly for us the wifi was working. We saw the set up for the Sunday brunch and it looks sumptuous too bad we had to leave to continue our trek to Los Angeles that day.
We fell in love with this hotel and this will now be our new destination every time we pass this way again. Oh before I forget, checking out was another satisfactory experience, front desk personnel made the difference.
We left the hotel with a positive feel good experience kudos to the staff of Crowne Plaza Cabaña.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

As a woman traveling alone on business, I felt safe and pampered at this hotel for 4 blissful nights Thurs - Sun. Super clean, silent, comfortable room on a Quiet Zone floor (no kids, no leisure groups, no parties, no slamming doors, no noise allowed). Front desk staff was cheerful and helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet and dinner daily at the hotel restaurant. The dinner menu is brief with no vegetarian entrees, but the food is tasty and the service is tops. Excellent cheese grits!! Request Marcos as your waiter, he is attentive, learned my preferences, and made me feel comfortable. Parking was plentiful and I always found a spot near the front entrance. Fast free wi-fi. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room on a Quiet Zone floor. Quiet Zone guests (adults only, no children...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear BM609,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review of the Crowne Plaza Cabana Palo Alto. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed a very peaceful stay on our 'Quiet Zone' floor. We will be sure to commend and reward Marcos for his excellent service delivery during your stay. He has been with the Hotel many years and is a valued asset on the Cabana team. We appreciate you taking the time to show your appreciation of his efforts to ensure you are completely satisfied with every aspect of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was great to be back at the Crowne Plaza Cabana! Everthing was wonderful on this visit, as it has been on all of our visits. We were upgraded to a nice room on the top floor that was spotlessly clean and comfortable and every member of the staff that we had contact with was friendly and helpful. The Front Desk Supervisor (Zeenal) went out of her way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay, and she succeeded spectacularly! Our only regret is that we won't be in the Bay Area for our anniversary later this month and we won't be spending it at the Cabana for the first time in years :(. We love everything about staying at the Cabana, and we can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are our favorites.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Stanfordfan,

Thank you so much for another fantastic review. We appreciate the accolades and appreciate your return travel back to the Crowne Plaza Cabana, Palo Alto. We love to see that you enjoy yoru stay and feel welcomed each time you return. We want to ensure all our guests feel that way and the team works hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Thank you for mentioning Zeenal, she is a wonderful team member that has been with us a number of years and we appreciate her hospitable attitude to make you feel welcome to the property upon every return. We will be sure to thank her for her efforts. Wishing you a Happy Anniversary! Hope to see you soon!

650-862-7191
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed here many times and when on business in Palo Allto it is one of my first choices. Nice atmosphere, good breakfast, decent parking. It is also really close to our office in Palo Alto, so it saves me time.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear CRTS,

Many thanks for the 4 star review of the Crowne Plaza Cabana in Palo Alto! We appreciate that you took the time to give us your opinion on your stay and experience as our guest. Glad to hear you enjoy the atmosphere, parking and breakfast. It's great to hear that we are giving you what you look for during a Hotel stay for business. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The rooms are old and the furniture is ugly. THERE IS NO FAN IN THE BATHROOM! I will not stay there again. Check the exact location of your room because some are in a building with outside corridors. The walls must be paper thin because I could hear everything from the room next to me. There is a big gap under the door that communicates rooms so that made the noise worse.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Eliana G,

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback with regards to your recent stay with the Crowne Plaza Cabana Palo Alto. My apologies that the room you stayed in felt old and that the furniture was not to your liking. We were built in 1962, but the rooms were recently remodeled with all new furniture placed in mid 2011. My apologies that it did not meet your standards, we do have a retro feel that we try and embrace with decor touches that hint at our past as the Hotel has such a rich history. We do have a number of rooms with exterior corridors, these are usually standard room types, if you want to secure a room in our tower, please just reach out to us, if we have availability, we can try and do our best to obtain an interior room for you upon request and availibility at that time. I'm sorry to hear that it was also too noisy for you.

Again my apologies, I am more than happy to review with you further should you wish to discuss the matter further or if there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please see my contact information below and please feel free to reach out. I'd be more than happy to review this with you directly and ensure that I understand where we can further improve the physical experience for you.

650-628-0124

Been to Crowne Plaza Palo Alto? Share your experiences!