“A respite from horror of disservice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
Makati City
“A respite from horror of disservice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We wished we stayed here from the beginning of our trip and spared ourselves from the horror of non existent service from Holiday Inn in San Mateo. Right of the bat when we checked in you can feel the warmth of welcoming you to their hotel plus the acknowledgment of being a priority member. The front desk personnel made us feel as guests again, we loved it.
The room was clean, beds comfortable, spacious enough for three adults, most importantly for us the wifi was working. We saw the set up for the Sunday brunch and it looks sumptuous too bad we had to leave to continue our trek to Los Angeles that day.
We fell in love with this hotel and this will now be our new destination every time we pass this way again. Oh before I forget, checking out was another satisfactory experience, front desk personnel made the difference.
We left the hotel with a positive feel good experience kudos to the staff of Crowne Plaza Cabaña.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank goldie75_57

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

As a woman traveling alone on business, I felt safe and pampered at this hotel for 4 blissful nights Thurs - Sun. Super clean, silent, comfortable room on a Quiet Zone floor (no kids, no leisure groups, no parties, no slamming doors, no noise allowed). Front desk staff was cheerful and helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet and dinner daily at the hotel restaurant. The dinner menu is brief with no vegetarian entrees, but the food is tasty and the service is tops. Excellent cheese grits!! Request Marcos as your waiter, he is attentive, learned my preferences, and made me feel comfortable. Parking was plentiful and I always found a spot near the front entrance. Fast free wi-fi. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room on a Quiet Zone floor. Quiet Zone guests (adults only, no children...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BM609
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear BM609,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review of the Crowne Plaza Cabana Palo Alto. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed a very peaceful stay on our 'Quiet Zone' floor. We will be sure to commend and reward Marcos for his excellent service delivery during your stay. He has been with the Hotel many years and is a valued asset on the Cabana team. We appreciate you taking the time to show your appreciation of his efforts to ensure you are completely satisfied with every aspect of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was great to be back at the Crowne Plaza Cabana! Everthing was wonderful on this visit, as it has been on all of our visits. We were upgraded to a nice room on the top floor that was spotlessly clean and comfortable and every member of the staff that we had contact with was friendly and helpful. The Front Desk Supervisor (Zeenal) went out of her way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay, and she succeeded spectacularly! Our only regret is that we won't be in the Bay Area for our anniversary later this month and we won't be spending it at the Cabana for the first time in years :(. We love everything about staying at the Cabana, and we can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are our favorites.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Stanfordfan,

Thank you so much for another fantastic review. We appreciate the accolades and appreciate your return travel back to the Crowne Plaza Cabana, Palo Alto. We love to see that you enjoy yoru stay and feel welcomed each time you return. We want to ensure all our guests feel that way and the team works hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Thank you for mentioning Zeenal, she is a wonderful team member that has been with us a number of years and we appreciate her hospitable attitude to make you feel welcome to the property upon every return. We will be sure to thank her for her efforts. Wishing you a Happy Anniversary! Hope to see you soon!

650-862-7191
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed here many times and when on business in Palo Allto it is one of my first choices. Nice atmosphere, good breakfast, decent parking. It is also really close to our office in Palo Alto, so it saves me time.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear CRTS,

Many thanks for the 4 star review of the Crowne Plaza Cabana in Palo Alto! We appreciate that you took the time to give us your opinion on your stay and experience as our guest. Glad to hear you enjoy the atmosphere, parking and breakfast. It's great to hear that we are giving you what you look for during a Hotel stay for business. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The rooms are old and the furniture is ugly. THERE IS NO FAN IN THE BATHROOM! I will not stay there again. Check the exact location of your room because some are in a building with outside corridors. The walls must be paper thin because I could hear everything from the room next to me. There is a big gap under the door that communicates rooms so that made the noise worse.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Eliana G,

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback with regards to your recent stay with the Crowne Plaza Cabana Palo Alto. My apologies that the room you stayed in felt old and that the furniture was not to your liking. We were built in 1962, but the rooms were recently remodeled with all new furniture placed in mid 2011. My apologies that it did not meet your standards, we do have a retro feel that we try and embrace with decor touches that hint at our past as the Hotel has such a rich history. We do have a number of rooms with exterior corridors, these are usually standard room types, if you want to secure a room in our tower, please just reach out to us, if we have availability, we can try and do our best to obtain an interior room for you upon request and availibility at that time. I'm sorry to hear that it was also too noisy for you.

Again my apologies, I am more than happy to review with you further should you wish to discuss the matter further or if there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please see my contact information below and please feel free to reach out. I'd be more than happy to review this with you directly and ensure that I understand where we can further improve the physical experience for you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I was schedule to stay at the Crowne on 10/22 and the reservation was made weeks ago. My flight arrived at 11:30 at night and by the time I arrived at the hotel it was 12:30. When I get to the front desk they told me they were overbooked! They gave me a voucher for a hotel a mile away and suggested I walk, with my luggage. When I arrived at the Aria hotel it was a far cry from what I expected at the Crowne. The hotel staff the Aria told me the Crowne hotel overlooks many times per week and sends disgruntled guests to them often. My suggestion, make a reservation at a hotel that can guarantee you a room!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Liaviator
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Liaviator,

My sincere apology for not being able to accomodate you at the time of check in. We would never want this to happen to any guest and I am so sorry that this occurred when you came to check in. There is never a good reason why overbooking occurs and there is absolutely no excuse for not having a room for you when you come to check in. However, it can happen if guests stay over, do not check out, rooms sometimes become overbooked due to another guest not departing the room. I know it's not acceptable, but it does and can happen occassionally. I can tell you that this is a very rare situation and I contacted the Aria Hotel Manager who said that he is not aware of why the agent at the Aria would have ever made this statement to you about this happening all the time, as it's simply not the case. I can certainily understand why you may be upset and feel that the experience was not pleasant as this circumstance is very much a concern for us all and we do apologize profusely for not having a room available for you at the time of check in. I would be more than happy to take care of a future complimentary night for you as a result of this concern, please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance and help to ensure you have been compensated for this oversight. Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your experience.

650.628.0124
Marble Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am an employee of IHG propertys, and come from a very highly ranked hotel in Texas- I know what to expect, and look for- and because I had an employee discount the stuck us in an older offset "villa" part of the facility, which you enter the same as a motel. It was handi capped acc which we did not request nor were we made aware of. I pulled the sheets back.. and low and behold. Hairs and wrinkled sheets. I called down to the front and shortly there after they brought us replacements, what startled me was that they didn't act surprised. For breakfast, we went down to find a beautiful breakfast buffet with french toast fresh fruit, the works... so we indulged.... and then got a sixty dollar bill. Which we paid gladly, it was almost worth it... almost.. but there is no breakfast offered in any complimentary fashion, and you can't just order french toast. You have to pay for the entire buffett. Which rarely people eat in its entirety. Needless to say, we wont be back.
P.S.
The A/C was practically broke- we had it on 66 and I was up all night sweating : (

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple