“Good choice in Palo Alto” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
Lawrence, Kansas
“Good choice in Palo Alto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spent 5 nights here over two stays in Oct/Nov 2012 and will stay again when visiting family in the area. Top floor, back rooms are comfortable; clean and quiet. Microwave and refrigerator/coffee maker provided. We reported our coffee-maker was not working and had a new one by the end of the day. Free wifi worked well.

Breakfast offers multiple choices and a quiet breakfast room. Plenty of free parking. Easy access to Stanford and downtown Palo Alto (about 3 miles/<10 minutes).

If you travel with a pet, there appear to be nice dedicated pet rooms and pet exercise area on the back side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Room at back, top floor, was very quiet and comfortable (300's). Room in center (200's) was...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
crownsville, maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here because the price was right for a week long stay over Thanksgiving visiting relatives in Palo Alto.. The phone rang in the middle of the night a couple of times-I ended up disconnecting it but cell phones did not work in the rooms-had to go out to the middle of the parking lot! Wifi was fine. Toilet backed up and I had to call the front desk twice to get someone to come to fix it. A maid came and handed me the plunger!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mountain View, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you visiting the stamford or any particular event near Palo Alto, this is the place you want to stay at. If affordable, comfortable and reasonable. The staff is extremely polite and helpful. I love the morning breakfast with more than 10 options. Ample car parking, clean room, handicap rooms available as well. If you need anything at this place, just ask for it and it will be done.

Room Tip: Get the rooms at first floor on the back of the motel where there more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were greeted by dirty sheets, if you know what I mean. The tv didn't work for the longest time. Oh yea and the sheets had man stains on them from previous tenants. Don't stay here. I don't know why we stated here apparently it had a good review. But this place is a real hole. I haven't gone outside yet to see if my car is still there. Hopefully it is.
Please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else that you don't have to sleep in your sleeping bag on a bed with dirty sheets.

• Stayed November 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The area is a little sketchy but everything else was okay. We had a room with two king size beds o it was nice and big. The bathroom, like everyone else said, has the sink outside which was kind of weird but it didn't bother me too much. Good water pressure in the shower.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Take this review with a grain of salt, if you read my other ones you'll know I normally stay in 4-5 star hotels, and it's been a while since I've stayed in a hotel like this. That said, I certainly have stayed in my share of 1-3 star hotels in my day, so I figured I was up for this.

The exterior of the hotel looks fairly modern and welcoming. When I arrived at 1:30pm I was told there is no early check-in and you can pay extra to check-in at 2pm, so I left my car to go eat lunch and come back to check-in at the normal time (3pm). Yes, even though Palo Alto is the suburbs, there are a decent amount of restaurants within walking distance of this hotel. That said, it is not really walking distance to Stanford or University Ave (about a mile or two).

The room itself was ok. Typical older style motel, with dark carpet and beddings that hide whatever nastiness it has experienced over the years. I kept my socks on and it was ok. Until I stepped in something wet near the sink. Gross. I'm assuming it was water from the cleaning people, but from that point on I moved to a "shoes on" rule.

The thing that drove me the most nuts with this hotel is the curtains. It's the style of hotel where your window is right by a public walkway, and yet it was impossible to fully close my curtains.

There is free Internet, although it got laggy, and at times it wouldn't connect, but all in all usable to get some work done. I got a good night's sleep and for the most part the room was nice and quiet. You could hear people walking past in the morning so don't plan on sleeping in (especially if your curtains don't close!).

I'll probably try another hotel next time I'm in Palo Alto, but if you get a good deal here, it's not terrible.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stay here a couple times per year due to it's Stanford campus proximity. Always clean, quiet, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. Above most Comfprt Inn's we've stayed. Breakfast is consitent, and healthy.

Room Tip: Upstairs, toward the back is quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Palo Alto? Share your experiences!