Take this review with a grain of salt, if you read my other ones you'll know I normally stay in 4-5 star hotels, and it's been a while since I've stayed in a hotel like this. That said, I certainly have stayed in my share of 1-3 star hotels in my day, so I figured I was up for this.
The exterior of the hotel looks fairly modern and welcoming. When I arrived at 1:30pm I was told there is no early check-in and you can pay extra to check-in at 2pm, so I left my car to go eat lunch and come back to check-in at the normal time (3pm). Yes, even though Palo Alto is the suburbs, there are a decent amount of restaurants within walking distance of this hotel. That said, it is not really walking distance to Stanford or University Ave (about a mile or two).
The room itself was ok. Typical older style motel, with dark carpet and beddings that hide whatever nastiness it has experienced over the years. I kept my socks on and it was ok. Until I stepped in something wet near the sink. Gross. I'm assuming it was water from the cleaning people, but from that point on I moved to a "shoes on" rule.
The thing that drove me the most nuts with this hotel is the curtains. It's the style of hotel where your window is right by a public walkway, and yet it was impossible to fully close my curtains.
There is free Internet, although it got laggy, and at times it wouldn't connect, but all in all usable to get some work done. I got a good night's sleep and for the most part the room was nice and quiet. You could hear people walking past in the morning so don't plan on sleeping in (especially if your curtains don't close!).
I'll probably try another hotel next time I'm in Palo Alto, but if you get a good deal here, it's not terrible.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Palo Alto Hotel
- Comfort Inn Palo Alto Hotel Palo Alto
- Palo Alto Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join the Comfort Inn Stanford University in Palo Alto, a convenient, family and pet friendly Northern California coastal hotel near San Jose Airport, Stanford Shopping, and Paramount's Great America, for exciting West Coast getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Comfort Inn Palo Alto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.