“better in some ways” 3 of 5 stars

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wasn't expecting much when I booked into this property for a recent business trip, and its good that I wasn't.

The best part of the hotel is the location. It is within a couple miles of the Stanford campus, and most of the high tech companies in Palo Alto. It's also (relatively) cheap compared to some of the other hotel options available in the area. Other than that (and the fact that it is often hard to find a hotel room in Palo Alto), I can't think of many if any reasons to stay here.

The room was pretty small. It was clean and had all the amenities you'd expect (including a fridge). I didn't hear noise from any of the rooms around me (not sure if they were occupied or not), but I could hear street traffic from El Camino Real. The bathroom was really small, as was the stand-up shower. The shower head was below chest level for me (I'm about 6 feet tall), so my morning shower required a bit of contorting. The bed was also lower than normal, at first I thought maybe it didn't have a boxspring (it did) but for some reason the bed was a foot or two lower than in an average hotel room. I also thought it was weird that when I called for a wake-up all, they asked me what room I was in. It wasn't hard to tell them, but it shows you that there hasn't been a lot of investment made to keep the hotel modern and state-of-the-art.

The continental breakfast was weak. Some cereal, some breads, etc. but no eggs or waffles or pancakes (at least that I saw).

It isn't a horrible place to stay. My room was pretty clean. The location was good. The price was low. But I won't be staying here again when visiting Palo Alto if I can find a room at a better property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Palo Alto Silicon Valley Travelodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Palo Alto Silicon Valley Travelodge

Address: 3255 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306
Location: United States > California > Palo Alto
Ranked #22 of 24 hotels in Palo Alto
Hotel Class:2 star — Palo Alto Silicon Valley Travelodge 2*
The perfect place to stay, halfway between San Francisco and San Jose. The hotel is located just 2 miles from Stanford University Campus, Medical Center and Veterans Hospital. There is a refrigerator and microwave oven in every room and a cafe/lounge next door. The Palo Alto/Silicon Valley Travelodge offers budget-minded travelers a convenient and affordable place to stay when visiting the Palo Alto area. Easily accessible to shopping and restaurants, our hotel also serves as a convenient launching point for trips to San Francisco and San Jose (where you will find the Winchester Mystery House and Children's Discovery Museum). All of our rooms feature in-room coffee, refrigerator, microwave oven, hair dryer, safe, telephone data port, and cable TV with HBO, Free high speed wireless internet access, iron and ironing board and AM/FM clock radio. We are located directly next door to the popular Straits Cafe. There's something for everyone at the Palo Alto/Silicon Valley Travelodge! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Palo Alto Silicon Valley Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Palo Alto Silicon Valley Travelodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.