“It was OK for a Motel 6” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Palo Alto

Motel 6 Palo Alto
You added Motel 6 Palo Alto to your Saves list
Motel 6 Palo Alto
4301 El Camino Real, US 101/Bayshore Freeway at San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, CA 94306   |
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
California
“It was OK for a Motel 6”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I was invited over to this property when my grandparents were staying here for my graduation. It is just you're typical Motel 6. No bells and whistles, just the basics you would expect- 2 king sized beds, air conditioner, desk, and televisions. There is also windows facing the parking lot and pool. It was way to cold to use the pool. They also raised the price due to Stanford Graduation. It is the only local hotel that accepts dogs (The glass-slipper does too, but they charge for it), which is helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

This motel 6 is located on el camino real, a short walking distance to CVS pharmacy, San Antonio Shopping Center (Sears, Walmart, Trader Joe's and many more!), and Stanford Shopping center (a short drive away with all the major department stores). Enjoy the bowling alley right next door at night. A friendly and knowledgeable staff will take care of your every need- even if you decide to extend your stay the next morning!

• Stayed February 2011
Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I came from Europe for three weeks in Stanford and stayed all the time in Motel 6. Fot quite modest price (~ 55 $ without tax), you don't get any equipment (fridge or cooker) but otherwise I had no problem. Room was big and clean, service daily. You can do your laundry in coin-operated washmachine and dryer, you get reasonably fast wi-fi internet for 3 $ a day, personnel is friendly and helpful. I got room by El Camino Road which was quite noisy but I don't have problems with sleep in noise - if you do, you should probably mention to get a room further from the highway in your reservation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

Every year my grandparents come and visit my family. While there was summer left, they invited us to come swim on a cool morning. Me and my siblings went with my granny to the Motel 6 where there was friendly staff. The room was on the 3rd floor. The room smelled funny because of dog food and stains on the carpet (Motel 6's I have been to in the past has allowed pets) . The rooms were tiny and did not have any balconies. No big deal. The pool area and water was clean, but they do not heat the water. (Go figure! Its a cheap motel) If you are allergic to pets and are not used to cold pool water in the morning, disturbed by people smoking cigarettes, Then do not stay here. Above all, Its a basic hotel for a great price. I would like to visit this site next year. :-)

• Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

We were excited to stay here for a couple of nights because our apartment was being fumigated for termites. We wanted an enjoyable few nights from a second point of view in Palo Alto. What we discovered, however, changed our lives. For the better!

When I arrived at the Motel 6, I was greeted at the door by a motley bunch of ragamuffins who were smoking cheap cigarrettes. The room is spacious and clean, its spaciousness augmented by the spartan wall adornments, but with the peculiar scent and feel of having been dirty in its earlier days. Stuck in his little office, the front desk agent (Binod) was idle all night and when I went to go see him about the WiFi access he was almost too excited to talk to another human being. And here's a juicy tidbit: the king-size bed is actually two twin beds conjoined.

All in all an enjoyable and friendly experience. Boy the price was right!

• Liked — price, pepole
  • Disliked — dirty rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2007

I lived here for SIX months. Considering the location, this is a good value. Yes, there are zero amenties; yes, it's not very clean. But if you're not spoiled and don't require luxuries, this is your spot. The lowest rate is around $47. You can pay an extra $5 to get a fridge + micro. oven. The front desk help and maids are very friendly & helpful, considering what they get paid. One problem here is that Motel 6 allows pets. So if you're fearful of or allergic to animals, DON'T STAY HERE. Rooms that have housed pets can smell disgusting, but management is pretty responsive about cleaning or moving you to a cleaner room. They will even steam-clean upon request. If you just ASK, they will make an effort to give you a cleaner room. In the entire time I stayed here, I never had a problem with noisy neighbors or fleas. Summertime is especially good since their pool area is spacious and VERY clean. Almost all guests here are nice, but this buget inn does tend to attract a scuzzy element. I would NOT stay here if I were a young woman traveling alone. Bowling alley w/ full bar, Dennys, Thai restaurant right next door.

Stayed December 2006
Sebring FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2006

My husband and I were here on business for 4 days. The laindry room was filthy and melted crayons were in the dryer. I could not do laundry. The first day, I kept getting fleas on me. I picked off and killed enough of them to show the manager, so that she would believe there was a problem. They tried to blame it on our pet. (We don't have one.)They gave us THE ROOM NEXT DOOR with an ajoining door. I guess fleas cannot get under it. She apologized and said she would have the room exterminated right away. (Ten minutes later, a man checked in and was given the same room!) Our second room had fleas also. We checked out the next morning early and moved 2 doors down to the Oak Motel. We got wireless internet, micro and fridge, and a clean comfortable room for the same price.

• Liked — Checking out.
  • Disliked — Fleas.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you have pets with no fleas, they will get them here.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Palo Alto? Share your experiences!