“loved this place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
South Lake Tahoe, California
“loved this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

it was good location, everything was near like jamba juice, starbucks, subway, etc etc
price was reasonable , it was the best deal i got from the palo alto till date.
rooms wher clean , neat , and spacious , my room had bath tub , beds wher comfortable, wifi was free, it was having all facilities like microwave, ref..,etc..., i stayed ther for 3 weeks
staff was good..

Room Tip: take room with balcony like 207 which i had
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

After 2 nights at this inn I suffered from over 40 stitches from bed bugs. Still 3 days later I am suffering from itchy wounds... Got my money back but it was a terrible experiment

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Los Alots
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

Please don't waste your time or money here. The parking is not only poorly designed, but dangerous as well. If you make even a normal human error in calculating space, then you might either hit your car against a metal pole or hit another car which is parked disturbingly close to yours.

My room was dirty and smelt like mold. I was horrified to see a hole in the bathroom wall that was over 8 inches wide and deep enough to reveal rotting plaster and wood. The entire room stank of this oder. If it were not because I checked in after 11pm and was so sincerely exhausted, I would not have slept there even one night.

The next morning, I complained to the manager, who promptly accused me of lying and wanted to charge me the full price for a dirty and foul-smelling room!

After some raving, he gave me a discounted rate, but took a long time to return the original charges to my credit card.

There are several other cleaner establishments to choose from.

- Disgusted Traveler

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
johnsmith2030, manager at Glass Slipper Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2009
dear customer
we allways try to improvise our facilities day by day,
generally we tell our client to look the place before , if they like they stay, we show our rooms to our customers , we have many customers who are happy and come on regular basis, but still if you do have problem we are allways ther to help you, and we charge our customers a reasonable amout comparable palo alto area
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

I had heard of this place through a friend, and my main reason to stay there was its prime Palo Alto location. There are very few properties such as this in Palo Alto.

I had read few reviews of this place, and at first I was not sure if I wanted to stay here. However, my friend strongly recommended and mentioned that this property is under new management. So I DID.

The property is very conveniently located on El Camino. Few nice restaurants located around the Inn. Management is very helpful and will provide any assistance they can. I needed a DVD player and they provided one for me.

The room seemed to be newly painted or partly new done. Everything was clean and tiday. I confirmed that this property is under new management and they seem to be turning things around.

I strongly recommend Glass Slipper Inn.

• Liked — The whole stay was pleasant
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Palo Alto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

Stay away from this inn!

Before I arrived at Palo Alto one friend recommended this inn to me because of its low price (You know students don't have much money so a cheap one is of more priority when making a decision). I reserved 3 days and paid the rents before I took a look at the room first. I deeply regretted about this.

Staying in the inn was totally a nightmare; the lamps were quite dirty, the refrigerator wasn't efficient, the bath room was just so so, there were some other's hairs on the towel, the windows couldn't be locked properly, the noisy from El Camino kept waking me up at night......

The management was also terrible. The manager said the room was cleaned every day but it was not the fact! They don't even collect the trash, not even say change the bed sheet.

And ironically, the price of the inn wasn't the cheapest among all the inn/motel on El Camino. We found several inns/motels offering lower price than this ugly inn. So keep away from this terrible place!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mountain View
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

I stayed one night. Didn't want to stay there for another one. The guy I spoke to, who I think was in charge, was polite. No problems with him. My room was on the second floor, around the middle of the building. Traffic noise was loud if the windows were open, ok when windows were closed. I didn't want to touch the carpet; always wore my slippers. Skipped the shower because the shower stall was gross. I did not want to step in there. Overall, I would not pick to stay in this motel again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Being in the room made me feel icky.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Gainesville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

While not luxury accommodations, this hotel is a fine no-frills choice in a very expensive area.

The Bad: Run-down (peeling paint, some areas where rug was worn), skimpy towels, no closet, traffic noise

The Good: Clean room, clean and large bathroom with good water pressure, decent mattress, fridge, microwave, 27" TV with HBO

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Glass Slipper Inn? Share your experiences!