“Better than Hyatt” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
Southern California
“Better than Hyatt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2005

I stayed here and my parents stayed at the Hyatt across the street. Even though it was listed as a 2 star hotel on some sites, this places is definitely better than the Hyatt which is listed as 3 star. The room was clean and newly renovated so there was no wall paper peeling off the wall like the Hyatt. They have free continental breakfast in the room which is more than just breakfast, it is a whole basket of snacks and drinks that will satiate you during your stay. The internet connection at the front desk is quick. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating, I had odd hours that I needed to be there and they let me have them and did not charge extra. I will stay here every time I'm in Palo Alto.

Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
santa cruz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

The air conditioner leaked water to where there was a wet spot on the carpet underneath (needless to say, it didn't get turned on). The "Continental Breakfast" was 2 individually wrapped rolls (of questionable age) and coffee you had to make yourself. The refrigerator didn't work. The "On-site" restraunt mentioned was a print out for the local take-out taxi. Which meant you had to call to order your food and a taxi cab would bring it to you. The "Shuttle Bus" to Stanford Hospital (which was the main attraction for us staying there) was the Metro bus. We had no idea which bus would take us to the hospital, so that was out of the question. The Television in the room my sister and brother in law were in had a remote control wasn't the correct remote, so it did not work. The bedspreads and curtains in our room smelled musty. We did not turn down the beds to see what condition the sheets were in. We opted to sleep on top of the musty bedspreads. We had to be at Stanford at 5 a.m. so when we left to go to the hospital, we packed up the cars and did not return. We went to the Sheritan down the road. Yes, it was tons more money than we were planning on spending, but well worth it.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2004

You should definitely check this place out! It's location is great, central to all areas in the bay area. The rooms are very nice and most importantly, very clean. The service is of high quality. I enjoyed my week stay at Days Inn Palo Alto and would recommend to it to anyone visiting this beautiful area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2004

Every customer here is considered the only customer. All of my needs were attended to and there were no problems. Good staff, amenities, and location. A must stay in Palo Alto.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2004

I was recommended this hotel by a co-worker for my visit to the bay area. I thought I owe it to others not from the bay area to share my experience with you since there are a hundred different hotels one could stay at for your visit to the south bay. I couldn't have been more satisfied and pleasantly surprised by my decision to stay at the Days Inn Palo Alto. The staff is courteous and treated me with respect, which is not something I'm used to coming from Boston. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and with all the modern amenities a person could want. The decor is in line with the sunny California lifestyle, which is exactly what I was looking for in a vacation. Actually, the place is so wonderful and flexible, my coworkers and I look forward to staying at the Days Inn Palo Alto for all of our business needs as well! In addition, the price fit my budget, which is rarely the case these days. I left California with a wonderful experience behind me and can't wait to return. I told the staff there to keep a room for me upon my return in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2004

In Palo Alto, the choices of hotels are numerous. I happened to choose to stay at the Days Inn Palo Alto and was more than pleasantly surprised at the quality, affordability, cleanliness, service, and overall excellence of the property. In room amenities which includes free DSL along with the beautiful garden made this place a wonderful place to stay. I enjoyed every minute of it and will continue to stay at the days inn palo alto for my future hotel needs in the bay area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2003

Quiet and quaint motel on El Camino Real. I usually don't write reviews, but I felt that this place deserved it. The Days Inn was a great place to stay. The rooms were newly renovated with high speed internet and tons of amenities, perfect for the businessman. The management was friendly and efficient and I didn't have a single problem. Although the property was small, its service and price for the rooms were the best. I would highly recommend this property!

Been to Days Inn Palo Alto - San Jose? Share your experiences!