“Completely satisfied for a good price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
Martinez
“Completely satisfied for a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was at a conference at a neighboring hotel but didn't wart to pay their rate. I chose Days Inn on the same block and was completely satisfied (as was my wallet). The room was clean, bed was comfortable and location great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Grapevine, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great location, amazingly clean, kind and very helpful staff, quiet, comfortable......my wife and I travel alot and this is one of the best motels we have ever stayed at. Reserve a room with no worries.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ashland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I made a reservation at the Palo Alto Days Inn for 2/20/13 with the manager"Kumar". I called back 5 mins later and apologized but I needed to cancel the reservation. I spoke again to "Kumar". He told me that it was no problem and he would take care of the cancellation.I asked him if he was sure that there was no further action that I needed to take. Kumar said no, he would handle every thing. Well, he handled it alright. He charged my credit card $133.00. I have called twenty times to discuss this with the manager "Kumar" but he is never there and will not return my calls. Everyone else is powerless to resolve the situation.This operation is highway robbery and a big scam. You avoid this establishment like the plague. I certainly would not trust them with my credit card information even if they were the last room in town! They are a ripoff!
Greg B

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Minnetonka, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for four nights during a visit to Stanford. This establishment is a drive-in motel, in which the rooms are accessed via doors that face outwards to the parking lot, which seems common for the area. Our room was small, but clean (except for the insides of one of the drawers, which held the remains of what looked like melted chocolate, though I did not investigate closely). The staff were extremely pleasant and the place seemed well cared for. Supposedly they have internet, but our room was on the opposite end of the building from the office and the wireless may not reach that far; in any case, we couldn't get it to work. For the price, though, I was satisfied in that it provided a safe place to sleep that was reasonably quiet with respect to street noise and reasonably conveniently located (for someone with a car). The main reason I cannot give it a higher review is because of the system for heating/cooling. This may be typical for the location, but each room was equipped with its own A/C-heater unit. The one in our room was extremely noisy, and turned on and off at regular intervals with a loud roar. This was not so much a problem when I was tired because I could fall asleep in spite of it, but after 4-6 hours of rest I would wake up when the unit switched on and it was hard after that to fall asleep again with the constant interruptions of the device switching on and off every 10 minutes or so. This may be something that can be fixed by fiddling with the controls, but we were not able to figure out how. On our last night there, our AC/heat unit suffered a hardware failure and would not turn on, which was good from a noise perspective, but unfortunately it became quite cold in the room as the night went on, and there was only one thin blanket on the bed (this was February). After 3:30am I could no longer sleep because of pains in my legs due to the extreme cold, and at that hour there was no easy solution to the problem. The other drawback of the hotel is that it does not have any common public spaces for hanging out, and the room was too small to accommodate two people doing anything except sleeping, so we had to find other places to spend any downtime we had on the trip. For people who only need a place to sleep that wouldn't be a problem, but on a few mornings we found ourselves having to drive around to find a place where we could sit down and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee because there was no space at the hotel for this sort of thing. I expect this would be the situation at any of the other comparable hotels along this stretch of El Camino Real, though. If we were to go back again next year I would probably choose to stay at a different class of hotel with more amenities, but for the price I think what you get is reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Palo Alto - San Jose? Share your experiences!