“very authentic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 273 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Palo Alto, California
“very authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

It's real Shanghai-nese food. It's not the same as Su Hong Menlo Park, so don't come expecting Americanized Chinese food.

Milwaukee, WI
“Not like the Chinese restaurants in the Midwest.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went for my sister's mother-in-law's birthday, and there were 11 of us at dinner. Service was pretty good, and the food came pretty quickly.

My brother-in-law's family ordered a bunch of stuff and did family style, while my parents, boyfriend and I ordered our own meals. My boyfriend and I shared the sizzling rice soup, which was fabulous! I ordered vegetable egg foo young with no gravy. It was very different than what I'm used to. This was more like an omelette with green beans and onions in it, which tasted fine, but hardly seemed like I ordered from a Chinese restaurant. The dishes that this restaurant had were nothing like what we have at home, but everyone seemed to like their meals.

I gave it an average rating, only because of my main course, but I would go back and order something else if the opportunity came up again.

Visited January 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
“Best General's Chicken Anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Whenever I travel to the Bay Area I always make it a point to visit Su Hong. They have the best General's Chicken I've ever had. I also really enjoy their Chinese Chicken Salad with finely chopped peanuts. Their food is great and the ingredients are very fresh.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

All of the food from Su Hong's is excellent. The prices are right and service is fast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
san francisco
“Authentic chinese food with good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

This is a fantastic chinese restaurant! Excellent chinese food - General Kao's special chicken, sweet and sour pork, noodles, etc. and also specialities like Shao Lon Bao (dumplings), fresh fish (try the fish fillets with string beans and broccoli), great vegetarian dishes (diced tofu and vegetables). The service is always really good - very responsive to requests, they are super friendly, and really nice to kids.

• Visited January 2011