“My favorite local place to go for Japanese food!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Mountain View, CA
“My favorite local place to go for Japanese food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I’ve been going to the Sushi House for it seems like forever. It’s small & nothing fancy, located way back in the Town & Country Shopping Center. My Japanese mother loved it when we first visited it years ago & that in itself was a solid recommendation for me! Note: It’s a go to place for many local employees for a quick lunch & gets extremely busy at lunch time. My method to beat the crowds is to go at 11:30am. Not your expensive, Japanese gourmet restaurant but always very consistent. I’m not into those “rolls”, just good old fashioned Japanese fare. I usually order the combo bento box & have had the following:
great, fresh sashimi (hamachi, tuna & salmon)
decent beef teriyaki
great, crispy tonkatsu
decent tempura
darn good chicken teriyaki
wonderful salmon teriyaki
My husband always orders exactly the same bento box: salmon & tempura. He is hard pressed to try a new Japanese restaurant because he feels he can always count on a great, consistent meal for the money. I’ve tried a couple of new places recently... & so far my experience is that they can’t beat the Sushi House.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Stanford, California
“Great for fun dates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is your basic, wonderful, neighborhood Japanese restaurant. Nothing too fancy, but the food is always great, prices reasonable, and fun for dates or with friends.

Visited October 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty decent for a hole...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

Pretty decent for a hole in the wall sushi place

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is a fastfood joint, so don't expect gourmet Japanese food here. Not a bad choice if you want a quick lunch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2007

If you own or manage Sushi House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.