“Always A Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 273 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: French, American, Californian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Reservations
San Francisco, CA
“Always A Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

St. Mike's is our perennial date place for the past decade. We love the food, the atmosphere, the service and the owners. They come out with a new menu every quarter (in addition to their daily specials) and it's always good.

This isn't a cheap restaurant, and we generally just go here for dates and out-of-town guests. But when people want a recommendation on a great restaurant in Palo Alto, this is easily the first one on our list.

• Visited December 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Way overrated though service was A+”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Can't say enough about the top quality of the service. The staff had a perfect sense for timing and was thoroughly professional and warm.

However, the food was quite marginal (cold Somosa appetizer, mediocre organic green salad, tough New York steak though sauce was ok). Wine list was good.

We sat in the front room as the dining room was full. The booth in the front room was a good idea but it was too tight for two 6 foot men.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Point Arena, California
“A wonderful place to eat and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have been to St. Michael's Alley about five times. We found it by mistake. What a wonderful find. The food was amazing, the people were even more than amazing.

The first time we were there my wife had just finished her appointment for stomach cancer at Stanford. We wanted to eat, but given her condition she was not very hungry. We decided to split a meal and apologized to the waiter for ordering only one meal. We gave him a thumb nail sketch of what had happened. Well the staff treated my wife and I like gold. Their treatment of her made a crummy day much better.

While my wife was in Stanford hospital (72 days the first time and at least 2 more total months over the next 8 months) we went to the Alley many times. Every time was a fantastic experience. I brought friends with me to the restaurant and it quickly became one of their favorite places to eat in Palo Alto.

• Visited December 2011
Palo Alto, California
“Simply elegant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

When I last ate there it was a small elegant restaurant. It has moved and is bigger. But the food and experience are simply elegant.

San Diego
“One of my favorite places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I found St Michael's Alley on Trip Advisor and most of the reviews were about their wonderful brunch. Well, I had the most wonderful dinner there! My husband and I came up for one night to celebrate my son's 21st birthday and I feel like we hit the jack pot! The place is adorable, the hostess and waiter were so friendly. The food awesome. Seating is both inside and outside.
A hidden gem!