“Cool place, hot location ” 4 of 5 stars

15% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California
“Cool place, hot location ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This design-centric hotel is great fun. You'll be inspired by the aesthetic and soothed by the vibe. It's downright challenging to choose at which great restaurant in the surrounding area to dine. (There's a great landmark diner just across the street!) You can also spend your brains out just a few blocks away at the beautiful mall. (FYI, the actual center of the Stanford campus is really too far away to walk to.)

There's a workout facility that hotel guests can use across the street (but check the weekend hours--they open rather late then). Wish they had a pool!

HOWEVER, BE WARNED: if on a Friday or Saturday you stay on any of the floors lower than five, you WILL get a lot of music noise from the bar/restaurant on the first floor.

Stayed July 2014
CamperE, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear SacAnnie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I'm very pleased to hear that you liked the Hotel Design as well as the great location!

I'm looking forward to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel in the very near future!

lmaurer@jdvhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at the Epiphany for a week while I attended a conference at Stanford. I loved everything about this hotel! The room was so bright and welcoming that I never wanted to leave it. The staff at the hotel were exceptionally warm, welcoming and friendly, from the doormen to the managers they had a polite and engaging manner. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels in Palo Alto but now I will only come to the Epiphany! They also have bikes that you can use and that made navigating Stanford easy and fun. This is a truly wonderful hotel; I cannot recommend it high enough.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and the room was very quiet. They do have an active bar so I would be carefu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear jmhc,

I'm very pleased to read that you will be coming back to stay at the Epiphany Hotel! Thank you so much for the nice words! I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the complimentary Hotel bikes and were able to explore Palo Alto and Stanford!

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, great service, but no complimentary breakfast for the price is a bit unfortunate. The rooms are soothing and relaxing and are very clean. Definitely would stay there again for my business trips.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Brooke J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate your valuable feedback.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here for four nights by myself for business meetings. I have stayed at other options in the area and have been underwhelmed to say the least. The Epiphany, by contrast, was incredibly pleasant. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

WHY YOU'D LIKE THE EPIPHANY
1. Comfortable, aesthetically pleasing rooms. The room had a great bed, efficient working area, sofa with working space, balcony, very nice bathroom with separate toilet. I understand why the toilet could be separated but did not like it that way. The bathroom was equipped with Malin + Goetz toiletries - very high quality but in large bottles. I like to take my toiletries home, but having large bottles is a good way to balance quality and eco-friendliness.
2. Location. Part of my issue with other hotels in the area is lack of ability to walk to surrounding restaurants and shops. This is particularly problematic if you want to get to downtown Palo Alto, where traffic and parking is a mess. I used my valet parking privilege to visit a branch for my company when I was time constrained. Not to mention dinners and drinks. No need to cab it anywhere or limit my consumption.
3. Valet parking. I have not seen this anywhere else - texting the valet and their giving me an ETA on the vehicle. What a concept! It is incredibly convenient.
4. Restaurant. I had breakfast (extremely good and relaxing) and on two separate nights - dinner. Portions are not huge at dinner but the food is tasty. The servers are efficient and have good opinions on the menu. You can eat on the patio and there are heat lamps.
WHY YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE EPIPHANY
A. Not affiliated with a chain. I've stayed at Hyatts 38 nights this year so it was hard for me to break my loyalty. But staying here is worth it, trust me.
B. The bar. The restaurant and the bar are one and the same (partially separated by a wall) but the experience is different. The cocktails are good but they are ridiculously small. And the bar side of Lure + Till gets overwhelmed on Thursday nights. Some patrons think very highly of themselves and tend to take up a lot of space. It's not good place to grab an after work drink. And it closes at 10:30!!!
C. Price. The Epiphany is kind of expensive but I am shocked at how much other area hotels can charge for what they offer.

Room Tip: Pick an even numbered room. This faces the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear gocats89,

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Epiphany Hotel. I very much appreciated your extensive comments. Your valuable feedback will help us to fine tune our operation. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I'm looking forward to welcome you in the very near future!

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was extremely impressed with The Epiphany! I've stayed at Galleria Park in the city, but Epiphany definitely tops it! Brand, spanking new facility, modern, hip furnishings, with extremely helpful, friendly, and personable staff. And what can I say about the location? Extremely central, yet the rooms are quiet and the hotel is very serene. Forget about the restaurant, Lure & Till-I ate there EVERY meal, and was blown away with the food and prices! Incredible food-also, an extremely happening Silicon Valley scene-who needs the TV show? I'm so glad I didn't stay at old foggie Four Seasons. Went over there, and was unimpressed with the normal FS stuff. Nothing special; also very out of the way. Epiphany is much more centrally located in Palo Alto and has a crowd that Foue Seasons will never get! Young and happening!

Room Tip: I bet all the rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear keentraveler30,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I very much enjoyed reading your review. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back to the Epiphany in the very near future!

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Pluses: Good location, great service by hotel staff who's always willing to go the extra mile with a smile. Also appreciate the room separating the bath from the toilet, reducing waiting time when both of us wanted to use the sink and the toilet at the same time.

Minuses - Wifi not very constant, and the tv sometimes loses signals. Delicious breakfasts served at the hotel cafe, but would have been good if there were more variey and faster preparation.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
LorenzMaurer, General Manager at The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear shin03,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very valuable to us and I will discuss these with my team. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back to the Epiphany Hotel very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is unbelievable. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. I couldn't explain how helpful and nice they were. The front desk briefly introduced the city to us and helped us to get around here. Afterwards they called us in our room to make sure everything is okay. The bellman was very helpful too. It's my first time writing a review and I think it's worth it. I think it's very hard to really make foreigners to feel warm and welcomed in a place where there have never been but they did it.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Tim Q,

Thank you so much for your nice words - you just made my day! I will make sure to share your comments with the entire staff here.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post, we really appreciate your feedback.

lmaurer@jdvhotels.com

Been to The Epiphany, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!