“Clean room.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4234 El Camino Real, (aka Sky Ranch Inn), Palo Alto, CA 94306   |
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
Ukiah, California, United States
“Clean room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

stayed at this hotel a few days ago for one night. convenient to Stanford Med center. Room was clean and comfortable. The mattress must have had a plastic liner on it so that was a little annoying. Small pastries were in the room for a quick bite in the morning so that was nice. For the prices all around the area this is reasonable and room was clean. Hair dryer and iron/ironing board were in the room as well as internet access. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Carmel, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ok, I was skeptical at first, but I needed a quick last minute over night and took the chance. For $99.00 in Palo Alto.....It is a very old motel. They have refurbished all the right things. The windows have been replaced and it was very quiet, even right on the El Camino. There were black out drapes on the windows. The bed was very comfortable. The linens were very impressive, clean, pressed, beautifully made and 4 good pillows. Hoobies is right down the street. Best breakfeast around....for a reasonable price. When I still lived in the bay area, we would drive to have breakfest at Hoobies.... Much better than the bear claws and coffee provided in the room. There are micro and refrig and wifi. All was good.
The gentleman in the office was very kind.

Room Tip: There are two stories in this motel. If you are a single traveler, some women prefer second floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here twice and both times they were clean and the price was right. Down the street you can find many restaurants and you can walk to Hobies family restaurant 3 doors down. The room was clean and the office was really nice in anything you needed. This place does pack them in pretty good. The parking is a little tight but all in all a good experience.

Room Tip: Some rooms in the very back have no upstairs,the front ones do and you do hear more from them moving...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This motel is older but kept up well. The rooms were clean and the noise from El Camino was minimal. The parking was alittle tight to get in and out of your parking space. When it says breakfast it is a bearclaw in plastic and an orange juice. The rooms are however equipped with a microwave and refrigerator.

Room Tip: I would try and get toward the back to minimize the noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I travel often and when I go to Palo Alto either for Medical needs, business, or even pleasure I always chose Americas Best Value Sky Ranch Inn. The service there is incredible and the Management is always willing and able to help me in any way they can. Best Customer Service EVER! I cant imagine them treating anyone rudely they are the sweetest people.
Not to mention they always have the best prices that cant be beat. I appreciate the fact that they keep the atmosphere calm and there is no inturuptions when trying to work or relax.
This location is perfect for going shopping at the Standford Mall and is very close to both San Jose and San Francisco.
The rooms are quaint and WiFi being free with the room is another definite plus. Also, I love the free parking and if I have any questions the Front Desk is always willing to help me find directions or point me out in the direction that I need to go.
DEFINITELY A PLACE I WOULD RECOMMEND and will remain my destination stay number one choice when in Palo Alto, CA.
Hope your stay is as nice as mine always is.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

First, I have to admit I didn't stay with the hotel. I booked and canceled after talking to their service people over the phone. It might be a good hotel, but their attitude shocked me.

I booked a room with them for the first time. I called them to verify the room because I booked it online, and asked whether I can make any change to the arrangement. I spoke with two person, and this was the rudest customer service I have ever encountered. The first person turned me down, and when I tried to confirm his answer, he transferred me to another person. She told me to talk to the website where I booked the room (which is not the way things are supposed to work out), refused to listen to my explanation, said "No. Bye." and then hung up the phone.

Happily I booked the hotel with a free cancellation policy, which I did instantly after talking to them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
abvipaloalto, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your doing so. We use your comments to further train our staff and to ensure that we exceed expectations. All our service staff has been made aware of your experience and feedback. The service you described is very uncharacteristic of our staff, and we apologize if events transpired as you described.

Please also note that certain online sites do not allow changes/cancellations and require 100% deposit at the point of reservation. Unfortunately we could not find a "Sophie C" in our reservation history to discern, but this would be a likely situation where our staff could not adjust. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss in further detail.

Thank you again for your feedback, we sincerely hope that you would allow us another chance to serve you in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just wanted to share my experience with this particular ABVI location in Palo Alto. Check-in's are at 3PM. As an out of towner, with flights being what they are these days, many times I've gotten there before 3PM.....They always have a smile and a room. In the event, there isn't one it's not long before they make one available. I appreciate this and value that atention to customer care. Thanks ABVI, Palo Alto!! Just saying.

Room Tip: I like the top floors for many reasons.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto? Share your experiences!