“A convenient hotel for business trips” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
$10, $20 or $30 coupon!
Ranked #4 of 24 hotels in Palo Alto
lausanne, switzerland
“A convenient hotel for business trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The name may be misleading as it is certainly not a place for leisure or relaxation. But it is a good hotel when you ahve a business trip in Silicon Valley. Convenient, good service, wifi is free, breakfast is Ok even if not great, but good food.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

The motel doesn't look anything from the outside but the interior is surprisingly modern and new! The rooms are also big and bathroom has good pressure.

They also serve a full breakfast. Definitely a good value for money!

Note: the beds are really soft though. So if you are used to firm mattresses, this may not be too comfy.

• Stayed October 2011
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I absolutely loved my stay at the Zen Hotel. The queen bed was so incredibly comfortable. I was traveling for work, and the work space is generous and well-lit. The hot breakfast is great. Internet is free (though sometimes it gets slow). I did not have a car, and at first, the front desk suggested using taxis. Once I got more confident of my way around, I realized that there are stops nearby (1 minute walk) for buses going to downtown Palo Alto. Front desk is always very helpful, cheerful, and friendly. Very good value, particularly with the pre-paid internet rate. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

After reading many reviews, I decided on The Zen Hotel. It was inexpensive, lovely decor, polite, helpful staff, and the breakfast was FANTASTIC! It included fresh fruit, an assortment of pastries and breads, yogurt, juices, cereal, hot oatmeal (not instant), freshly made eggs, and two other hot breakfast choices, boiled eggs, tea and Starbucks coffee. We had a room on the ground floor and it opened out on to a little paved patio area. There were water features throughout the property. It was close to shops, restaurants and only a few minutes from I 101 or I 280. Only 15-20 minutes from San Jose Airport.

I agree with clean and quiet. And bottled water included - nice touch.
I would definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ricberr, General Manager at The Zen Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments about the value of our hotel. We compare our prices relative to the market and always make it a point to stay competitive and add lots of value, especially while the economy is still not yet at its best.

I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and bottled water in the rooms. Make sure you also try our complimentary freshly baked cookies on your next stay!

We very much appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcome you again.

Ricardo Berrospi
THE ZEN HOTEL
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I am often in the Stanford area and was pleased to find this motel. I had reserved a room with a queen bed, but found when I got there I had been upgraded to a suite-type room. Very nice! Too bad I couldn't stay longer to enjoy the amenities.
Clean rooms, wonderful breakfast, comfortable bed....highly recommended!
One last comment: not the quietest place to stay. I easily could hear the people in the next room using the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main drag...could be much quieter, I think
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The Zen Hotel was a remarkable little hotel obviously remodeled from a 60s style pull-in motel. Great attention was given to detail, style and design. I was impressed with all of the touches that pulled this place together into a wonderful relaxing weekend stay. It was clean, pretty and quiet. Breakfast was wonderful - lots of choices and different each morning. The bathroom was elegantly designed with a great shower. I especially like the LED reading lights in the bedroom - no glaring fluorescent lights!
The location was great - Starbucks across the stree!
I would definitely return here and recommend this hotel to friends and business associates. On a street where hotels are every half block, the Zen Hotel is a true stand out.

Room Tip: The suites are HUGE. The ones in the "back" are a little quieter, I think.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your amazing review!

It is very nice to learn how our attention to detail resonated across your experience while staying with us and we really appreciate you rating us with a five out of five.

I agree with you. The LED lights next to our beds are convenient for reading and our rainfall shower heads are very comfortable and "Zen".

Please give us a call when you are ready to come back, we would love to have you as a guest again and again....

Ricardo Berrospi
THE ZEN HOTEL
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice rooms, nice to have bottled water daily, close to restuarants, friendly front desk staff who are very accomodating.

Room Tip: ask for renovated room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Zen Hotel? Share your experiences!