This is one of the most overpriced places I've stayed at. At $308 a night, the quality of service was ridiculous. The breakfast spread is not very good. Admittedly, most places in PA are pretty expensive. But my experience with this place makes me feel like I would have been better off paying an additional $50-$100 and staying at a good business class hotel. The staff are so careless, the day that I was checking out, they charged me $2900 instead of $970! After pleading with them to show me their records, and making two trips back to the place after I had checked-out, I found that they had charged everything twice! And to top things off, I had used a prepaid forex card! I wouldn't have worried as much if I had used a credit card, as it's farely easy to cancel a transaction. But with a debit card, it's a whole different ball game. I was told by my bank that it would take 21 days (after calling them 5 times and placing a hold request) for the money to credit back, provided that the hotel doesn't claim the transactions. I immediately contacted the hotel again and the lady at the front desk said she would send me proof that the transactions had been cancelled from the hotel's end via email, but she never did. So I had to make yet another trip to the hotel to coerce them into showing me their record again, and found to my dismay that they hadn't cancelled the transactions yet! After numerous phone calls, and visits to the place, I finally got my money back after a month! On the whole, it was a very bad experience for me. Even though this place is in walking distance to many shops and restaurants (the only pro), I would suggest paying a little extra and staying someplace else.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Terrace Hotel Palo Alto
- Stanford Terrace Hotel
- Stanford Terrace Palo Alto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the street from the Stanford campus, you'll find the Stanford Terrace Inn, an oasis of unexpected elegance. In the midst of Silicon Valley, you'll discover a tradition of old world hospitality. Here, Tuscan murals adorn the walls, evoking a timeless sense of luxury. Our secluded garden setting and sun-drenched patio makes it easy to unwind. Or perhaps relieve the stresses of the day in our heated pool. Inside your over-sized guest room, you'll find all the modern conveniences. Complimentary cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and a desk large enough to get some real work done. All at a price that's pleasantly surprising. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Fareportal so you can book your Stanford Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.