Before booking this hotel, I read through all the reviews with mixed feelings. To be honest, I agreed with them all after staying in this property for two weeks. It is more of a family-run type of hotel without too much principles/rules to follow for the personnel. The room is dark and has a smell very much for the sensitive ones (my younger son got allergic right after the first night). It can be noisy unless you stay on the top floor otherwise you keep on hearing the queaching sound from upstairs. You can also hear TV or talking sounds from next door or outside from the hallways or swimming pool. However, this is the most convenient hotel if you want to attend to some business in Stanford University. In addition to the shuttle drop-off service provided by the hotel, there is also a Stanford Maguerrite bus stop near by. You can also choose to rent a car as I did. Driving from my hotel to anywhere in Stanford is no more than 10 miniutes. Most of the car rental companies have offices on El Camino Real and near Stanford Terrace Inn. The breakfast has limited choices but with high quality - waffles, oatmeals, fruit yogurt, raisin toast. Very enough to get you a good start in the morning. Starbucks cafe is next door. There is also a Jack-in-the-box and Panda express about 5 miniutes walk from the hotel. You can also cross the road to the gas station inside there is a small shop selling drinks and small snacks. You can even order room service from 5-6 different restaurants - info provided in the room with menus. If you are a good walker, you can walk to Stanford since this hotel is technically right at the edge and should be considered as part of the Stanford campus. I later on checked out the Sheraton and Westin and surprising found that they are actually quite far away from Stanford even though they surely are facing the front end of Stanford. Check the map and you will know what I mean. All in all, I must give this hotel a fair comment. Comparing the price, size of the room, approximity to the campus, I would recommend this hotel to those who want to come to Stanford and feel like a part of Stanford. (Stanfod Guest house is too far away from the main campus from my point of view) Hope this can give you a fair view of what's going on here.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Terrace Hotel Palo Alto
- Stanford Terrace Hotel
- Stanford Terrace Palo Alto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the street from the Stanford campus, you'll find the Stanford Terrace Inn, an oasis of unexpected elegance. In the midst of Silicon Valley, you'll discover a tradition of old world hospitality. Here, Tuscan murals adorn the walls, evoking a timeless sense of luxury. Our secluded garden setting and sun-drenched patio makes it easy to unwind. Or perhaps relieve the stresses of the day in our heated pool. Inside your over-sized guest room, you'll find all the modern conveniences. Complimentary cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and a desk large enough to get some real work done. All at a price that's pleasantly surprising. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Stanford Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.