Call me cheap or call me thrifty, but for what we paid for this room, it had BETTER be decent. It was quite nice, although we were at the far back of the property, and the hallways are more confusing than a halloween corn maze. Beds are awesome. Bath was exquisite, though the shower was a just tad cramped (with the sq feet in the bathroom, making the shower stall a bit larger wasn't an issue.) Seperate tub was a nice size. Staff was very nice to work with and did their best to assure we were happy. Overnight parking was $10, and valet was $15...so we figured for the extra $5 it was worth it to have them park our car; when you see the underground parking you'll probably agree to let them deal with it.
We stayed here because a family member was in nearby Stanford Medical Center. We paid $135 for a Saturday evening, $255 for Sunday (same room), and couldn't get Monday because the hotel was booked. If we'd been able to keep the room, the price rose to $419. The $255 I can understand and might grumble about (but would pay), but there's no way I would've stayed here for the $419 price quoted for Monday. I understand Microsoft vendors stay here often and get a great corporate rate. Yay them and boo me.
With a walking mall just down the street, we chose to have dinner in one of the many local restaurants rather than at the hotel. (Another in our party tried it and said the food was good, and moderately priced.) We talked to a Palo Alto cop who assured us this was a safe neighborhood for walking to local shops and nearby Stanford Mall.
Didnt use the wifi because it was $15/day and I have 3G in my tablet. Didnt try the pool due to chilly weather but some brave souls were out in it and it looked well-maintained. Various water features around the property give a nice, relaxing, backyard sort of feel. Despite the higher-than-I'm-used-to rate, I'd stay again.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Palo Alto Hotel Palo Alto
- The Westin Palo Alto Hotel
- Westin Palo Alto
- Palo Alto Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience California at The Westin Palo Alto hotel, adjacent to Stanford University, and within walking distance of some of the best restaurants, shops, and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Starwood, Tingo, Amex, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Westin Palo Alto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.