I was in Palo Alto recently for a visit to the Stanford campus. My husband made reservations at the Westin Palo Alto, and it was a great choice. The Westin is located right across the street from campus. Stanford is a large campus of about 1700 acres. Getting around could be difficult, but the Westin is just across the street. The Westin is located very close to the downtown Palo Alto shopping and restaurant scene, and just a couple of blocks from the Palo Alto Transit Center where a person can get the CALTRAIN to San Francisco or the lower peninsula, as well as several buses which service San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Marguerite, the Stanford shuttle, also stops at the Palo Alto Transit Center. So, the hotel's location is a real plus. The hotel itself was pleasant and offers food. The breakfast buffet was basic, not imaginative, and not particuarly good. That is really my only low point. The rooms were pleasant and services were very good.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Palo Alto Hotel
- The Westin Palo Alto Hotel Palo Alto
- Westin Palo Alto
- Palo Alto Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience California at The Westin Palo Alto hotel, adjacent to Stanford University, and within walking distance of some of the best restaurants, shops, and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Amex, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Palo Alto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.