“Great value hotel close to Stanford, HP and California Ave shops, train station” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coronet Motel

and 1 more site!
You added Coronet Motel to your Saves list
Coronet Motel
2455 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306   |
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Newly renovated!!! Great rooms with free WiFi and large LCD TVs.

Perfect location, walking distance to California street shops, restaurants, bars.Run by very nice couple. They are extremely helpful with tips about the area.

Free shuttle to downtown, shooping centers and Stanford. Close to train station also (e.g. 1 hour train ride to SF, one stop train ride to downtown Palo Alto)

Very small breakfast is usually included (more like snacks - juices, homemade muffins, apples, bananas, etc.)

Room Tip: I prefer top floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Coronet Motel. The rooms have recently been remodeled and have everything you need including a small kitchenette and a giant flat screen TV. We would definitely stay at the Coronet again and would recommend it to anyone whether on a business or leisure trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just spent two nights at the Coronet Motel and it was great. It's a retro motel that has recently received a major facelift. My son and I needed an inexpensive place to stay while on an apartment-hunting trip for him, and we found the Coronet Motel. It was perfect for what we needed - centrally located, spotlessly clean, and relatively inexpensive (nothing's really inexpensive in Palo Alto.) It was a great place for our home base. Since we are from the eastern time zone, I ended up waking up ridiculously early and walking in the morning, and I felt safe doing so. It's not a fancy place, but it was much more than functional. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Awesome!
This is probably the most appropriated word to describe this lovely place owned by a couple so helpful and nice. They really made me feel at home.

As a software engineer In a Google Partner/Reseller company, I was there for a 5 days trip and it was simply great.

The rooms are clean and nicely designed. Especially liked the little kitchen.
The central position and the reasonable price makes it better than many hotels...

Thanks for everything,
Avi

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are large and sunny
Palo Alto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Lovely couple owns and runs this place, but either get a top floor room or stay somewhere else. The walls and ceiling are all paper thin. This place is too noisy! I can hear through the walls and the door might as well be made of cardboard. Yes, it's relatively inexpensive, and it's clean, but it's still too pricey for what you get.

Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Like several other reviewers, we needed a simple, inexpensive place to stay for one night near Stanford. Based on TA reviews, we chose this place. It's not perfect but, value for money, it's the best bargain around Stanford. The **only** drawback this place has is that it's on El Camino, which is a busy 4-lane street, so there is some traffic noise. I sleep with ear plugs anyway, so it wasn't a bother for me. The woman working at the front desk was extremely helpful, even bringing us a lightweight blanket more to our liking that the duvet on the bed. It was 80+ degrees when we arrived and I smiled when I saw the air conditioning unit -- It was just like the ones we encountered in Southeast Asia, super efficient. The rooms have been recently remodeled and they are very nice. The bathroom, with the glass-enclosed shower stall and tile walls and floor, was definitely a step above any similar-priced place I've ever stayed. There was a little kitchenette, a good desk and office chair, and free WiFi. Back when I was traveling for business this would have been ideal. HIghly recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Needed to stay somewhere one night to visit Stanford. Most places in Palo Alto are very expensive or very questionable. I booked here based on other reviews.

When we pulled up, my wife thought I had made a big mistake. From the outside, just an old questionable motel. But the rooms were very updated, and very nice, and the beds very comfortable. It was also very clean, even the bathroom sparkled. It was plenty good for a quick stop for the night.

My wife was a bit sketchy with the location on the strip, but I've stayed in Palo Alto on the strip before (at Creekside) and was not worried about it.

And Izzy's Brooklyn Bagels was right around the corner. And the Stanford visitor was about 7 blocks away. That worked for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Coronet Motel? Share your experiences!