“Superb food well-presented” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Reposado Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 273 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Emerson Street
Traverse City, Michigan
“Superb food well-presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped in late on a Sunday afternoon after touring the Stanford campus. Not surprisingly, the restaurant was pretty quiet, with only one other table of the huge lower-level dining area occupied and one person drinking at the bar.

We each opted for the house margarita--which, in truth was a little *too* well-made so I opted for a beer after that, because otherwise I would have been tempted to order another several of them. We opted to choose a variety of different menu options from the basic chips-and-salsa (served with three differednt salsas BTW), to "sopitos" (three small masa-made shells, each served with a different filling) to "cochinita pibil" a stewed pork dish with a great depth of flavor.

Reposadois a great choice for folks looking for flavorful and non-stereotypical Mexican food. It offers severa; unique and different menu choices that would also make it the kind of place you'd want to re-visit because there are so many intriguing options.

Still, it wasn't perfect. Despite the emptiness of the restaurant, there was the occasional lapse of service (when is that beer gonna get here???), and when I asked for flour tortillas to accompany my pork dish they were of the store-made, thin-and-chewy unexciting variety. But these are quibbles, and, if Trip Advisor had a 4.5 star scale might have knocked it down to that level.

Reading the other reviews about noise levels, we had quite the opposite experience. Perhaps because of the time of day, or lack of guests, they didn't have the music cranked up too high. But certainly noise volume did not affect our enthusiasm for the restaurant in any manner.

• Visited February 2013

Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,158 helpful votes
“Turn down the music, deaden the sound, and it's a five!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very nice authentic Mexican restaurant with a lot of character in downtown Palo Alto. The establishment is large, with a two-floor capacity of 160. They feature an impressive choice of tequila and margaritas (mine was great) and an array of traditional if not high end Mexican dishes that everyone in our party of five enjoyed.

I especially liked the pacific snapper ceviche (TIRITAS DE HUACHINANGO). The guacamole was good too, although it would have been more special to have been prepared tableside. For a main course, I had the lamb chop (CHULETAS DE CORDERO) which was well cooked and quite tasty. It was actually a bit too big for my palate, almost clashing with the restaurant’s pursuit of culinary delicacy.

Service was extremely attentive and noninvasive. The waiter knew his material, made good recommendations, and was tactful about interrupting conversations. Additionally, the staff as a whole seemed to be refilling our water glasses continuously without even the faintest disruption.

If I were to make one complaint about Reposado, it would be the noise. As other reviewers have noted, the ambiance is quite lively but almost deafening. Unfortunately the ceiling is rather high and sound reverberates like a bass drum. It doesn’t help, however, that management pipes in loud music that forces everyone to talk even louder. So if it were my wife and I going out for a tête-a-tête, I would go elsewhere. But for a business outing with colleagues and partners, the fun and food make up for any (hopefully) short-term hearing loss suffered during the evening.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
La Jolla, CA
“LOVE the food, a bit noisy...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a busy, popular restaurant, and one taste of Crepas con Mariscos and you will know why! DeLISH!

Montreal, Canada
“Great food and incredible tequila!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

While in Palo Alto with my husband who was on business there, we popped into Reposado's after a recommendation from our hotel receptionist. My other half was reluctant to go in because it looked so busy and we didn't have a booking... Well let's just say I'm glad I pushed him to go in :) We sat at the bar for about five minutes where the barman suggested we get the "Cadillac Margerita". If you're a fan of tequila and margaritas, you will love these. I usually don't like "American-style" margaritas because they are much sweeter than the way we do them in Europe, and I was very happy that these were more sour lime than sugar sweet with a special tequila. Absolutely delicious! We sat down at our table shortly afterwards and ordered a range of dishes including the excellent house guacamole, tortillas and dips, crispy pastries stuffed with spicy vegetables etc, the chorizo and manchego cheese stuffed dates wrapped in crispy bacon (my favourites), as well as the seared blue fin tuna fillet and crispy lime dressed salad (OH's favourite). This is not a romantic quiet restaurant, which we were't looking for, but we were looking for good food, and we could not fault it on this score. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, CA
“Noisy, Noisy, Noisy and a bit Pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

First time at this restaurant and no plans to return. The tables for two along one wall were VERY close together. Too close for comfort. The noise level in this restaurant was HIGH and makes any kind of dinner conversation impossible. Added to this was very loud music. It was impossible to even hear the waiter. I came away thinking I had been bombarded with noise all evening long.

Margaritas were very small and mostly ice and overpriced at $13.00.

The guacamole dip and warm tortilla chips ($9.00) were really delicious (the best of the evening).

We had the Chilitos Rellenos (Guero chiles stuffed with vegetarian ricotta, jasmine rice, herbs, cashew cream with arbol chile and mushroom - $9.00 for a very small serving and the Puerco En Bohemia Mole De Alla - $28.00 (Bohemia beer braised pork short rib, three chile mole, roasted corn and chayote). Both dishes were tasty but not something that we said "Oh, we must have that again".

The wait for food was very long. We waited quite some time for the chips and guacamole and then an uncomfortable amount of time waiting for the entrees. The waiter was very, very good and there are no complaints in this department.

So if you want to go to a restaurant and dine with a lot of noise and loud music, sit very close to the diners at the next table, pay $13.00 for a tiny margarita, wait a long time for your food that is interesting and tasty but nothing to rave about, then this is the restaurant for y

• Visited January 2013