“Great food and incredible tequila!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Reposado Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 313 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Emerson Street
Montreal, Canada
“Great food and incredible tequila!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

While in Palo Alto with my husband who was on business there, we popped into Reposado's after a recommendation from our hotel receptionist. My other half was reluctant to go in because it looked so busy and we didn't have a booking... Well let's just say I'm glad I pushed him to go in :) We sat at the bar for about five minutes where the barman suggested we get the "Cadillac Margerita". If you're a fan of tequila and margaritas, you will love these. I usually don't like "American-style" margaritas because they are much sweeter than the way we do them in Europe, and I was very happy that these were more sour lime than sugar sweet with a special tequila. Absolutely delicious! We sat down at our table shortly afterwards and ordered a range of dishes including the excellent house guacamole, tortillas and dips, crispy pastries stuffed with spicy vegetables etc, the chorizo and manchego cheese stuffed dates wrapped in crispy bacon (my favourites), as well as the seared blue fin tuna fillet and crispy lime dressed salad (OH's favourite). This is not a romantic quiet restaurant, which we were't looking for, but we were looking for good food, and we could not fault it on this score. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, CA
“Noisy, Noisy, Noisy and a bit Pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

First time at this restaurant and no plans to return. The tables for two along one wall were VERY close together. Too close for comfort. The noise level in this restaurant was HIGH and makes any kind of dinner conversation impossible. Added to this was very loud music. It was impossible to even hear the waiter. I came away thinking I had been bombarded with noise all evening long.

Margaritas were very small and mostly ice and overpriced at $13.00.

The guacamole dip and warm tortilla chips ($9.00) were really delicious (the best of the evening).

We had the Chilitos Rellenos (Guero chiles stuffed with vegetarian ricotta, jasmine rice, herbs, cashew cream with arbol chile and mushroom - $9.00 for a very small serving and the Puerco En Bohemia Mole De Alla - $28.00 (Bohemia beer braised pork short rib, three chile mole, roasted corn and chayote). Both dishes were tasty but not something that we said "Oh, we must have that again".

The wait for food was very long. We waited quite some time for the chips and guacamole and then an uncomfortable amount of time waiting for the entrees. The waiter was very, very good and there are no complaints in this department.

So if you want to go to a restaurant and dine with a lot of noise and loud music, sit very close to the diners at the next table, pay $13.00 for a tiny margarita, wait a long time for your food that is interesting and tasty but nothing to rave about, then this is the restaurant for y

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Trendy Atmosphere. Good Food. Great Margarita”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Met here for a business dinner. Trendy atmosphere may be a bit loud for some but I enjoyed the people watching and decor.

Margarita was excellent but that's expected based on the restaurant's name. I've never understood why they put salt on a glass and then give you a straw. How do they expect you to taste the salt. :-)

Dinner was hot, not greasy and delicious. Purist Mexican foodies probably would not find authenticity. I liked it though and would return.

Parking is a problem. I had to drive around quite a while before I found a slot. Palo Alto has become very busy for dinner.

Visited January 2013
San Francisco, CA
“Tasty Upscale Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This isn't the place for a quick taco and cerveza -- it's more Mexican fusion with delicious, fresh ingredients.

Visited December 2012
Stanford, California
“Best of Mexican food outside Mexico CIty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just love this place. Go there all the time, the food is really good, and different to what most people think is Mexican food. A bit noisy for my test.
Their mojito is absolutely the best in town, and believe me I try Mojitos everywhere i go. Likewise, do not miss their guacamole. Both are a must. Saturday and Sundays early afternoon best time, given that it is not too busy.

Visited January 2013