“Loved it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Palo Alto
travelcat26
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while attending a wedding at the hotel. The location and service were great. We could walk to restaurants and shops. Everyone was very friendly. Breakfast was good. I loved the room and our generous sized balcony. The comfortable bed combined with listening to the fountain in the courtyard made for a very good night's sleep. My favorite part of our stay had to be the bathroom. The marble was beautiful, and I could spend a week in the shower. The dual showerheads were heaven to someone who is used to zero water pressure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent New Year's Eve in this hotel and it was the best! The room was spacious and the bed was super comfy. The amenities are really top notch - complimentary fruit and chocolate and the bathroom had everything you can think of. The staff are very gracious and the best part was a handwritten card from the GM thanking me for my stay. Really first class hotel, reasonable prices and right off the main part of University Avenue. Heaven!!!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the courtyard have exterior furniture that make a great hangout in warm weathe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights recently for business. This time I had a very large room and it was just outside the complimentary coffee service that is set up on each floor in the morning, so it was even more convenient to scurry outside for some nice fresh coffee! The bed is incredibly comfortable and the room has everything you'd need for a great stay, including free wireless! It also does not have a generic feel in the design, so I really appreciate the aesthetic. And the location is great- so nice to be in-town and not on El Camino or next to the highway. I will always stay here when I'm in Palo Alto!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jeffery P, Manager at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear sfbarb,
We are delighted to hear all the wonderful comments you wrote about your experience here with us. We are most grateful to know that your first experience inspired you to return and that we made an even better impression the second time around. As a very experienced traveler your expert insight is most valued and meaningful to us. I hope to have the pleasure of thanking you in person-Please come back soon.
Happy New Year!!!

Jeffery L. Phillips
Rooms Division Manager
San diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Garden Court Hotel had an excellent location at Cowper and University Avenue, where all the shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance. New Apple store on University Avenue. Valet parking only - $17 per day with underground parking. Very nice hotel restaurant. Check in lobby is on the second floor. Valet service is on Cowper Street. Nice visit, fairly expensive at a nightly rate for our room of $379. Recommend.

Room Tip: Deluxe bedroom with a king bed, large with nice decor. Balcony and Eco friendly lighting. Stayed i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear EdwardSanDiego,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving stay here at The Garden Court Hotel. The option to stroll downtown or simply stay in and enjoy our guestrooms are the kind of options we are pleased our location is able to give. Great that you were able to enjoy Downtown Palo Alto and experience the new Apple Store. We do hope you will return.

Warmest regards,

Jeffery L. Phillips
Rooms Division Manager
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Garden Court for four days of business. I would rank this one of the best business hotels I've ever been to. Located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto, the hotel has free wireless, free printing at its business computers, and full business-need supplies within every room. The staff was helpful and friendly at every turn. I also recognized and appreciated that the conference rooms were totally separate from the intimate lobby area -- if I were to return to the hotel as a vacationing visitor, I would not necessarily feel that I was staying at a business-only hotel. Also -- a very good restaurant at street level. I hope to return!

Room Tip: My room faced the inner court, overlooking the awning-covered restaurant. I was concerned about noi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

When I first stayed at the Garden Court in Spring 2012, it was a brand new discovery (and a welcome relief from suburban-style hotels in the Mt View area). Recently, I had the opportunity to stay at The Garden Court again -- but this time for a family event in the SF Bay area.

I wondered if I would like it as much the second time around? The stakes were high -- this time we had booked several rooms, and I had told family how wonderful it was....

Fortunately, the answer is "Yes". It was just as beautiful as I remembered. We stayed in a sunny room with huge French doors across one wall opening onto a balcony with a street view. Having real doors that open onto a balcony you can step out onto is so lovely. My husband sat on the balcony and worked on his laptop. He chatted with his Dad, while they enjoyed watching the quiet foot traffic on the street below.

What makes this hotel so good? In short, I love the classic design, the smart colour scheme, the artwork, the architecture and the gracious service. (I left a thank you note and tip for the cleaning staff.)

I also love the location -- it is so pedestrian-friendly. Palo Alto has so many great shops and restaurants -- all within walking distance of the hotel. As in my first review, I found it to be a romantic place to relax and recharge!

I highly recommend it and can't wait to return -- again!

Room Tip: Shhh... The streetside rooms are quieter than the rooms which face onto the courtyard (where they of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Garden Court Hotel many times and have loved each one. The staff is friendly and efficient. The location in the heart of downtown Palo Alto is ideal. The rooms are neat, clean and wonderfully decorated. But the best part of all are the beds. Some of the best hotel beds I have ever slept in. So soft and comfortable! If you want a good night's rest, check in here! The morning coffee and pastries and excellent too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Garden Court Hotel? Share your experiences!