“STUNNING Campus.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Palo Alto
More attraction details
Owner description: Breeding ground for Silicon Valley businesses. The founders of Hewlett Packard, Yahoo!, and Sun Microsystems all passed through the doors of this institution.
Mountain View
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“STUNNING Campus.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

It feels weird to write a review for a university as an attraction. We all know that Stanford would rank 5 stars academically anyway, but it really is the most breathtaking campus I've ever seen. I fell in love with it when I was in college, enrolled elsewhere (cruel twist, as I wish I had discovered it sooner), but now that I live in the Bay Area I always make it a point to take my visitors here. Make sure you take photos with the esplanade, the statues, the church, and the fountains. Definitely stop by the bookstore too, as it's pretty massive for a university store.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cheryl_C_Katz

Fair Oaks, California
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Pack walking shoes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Fountains, benches, inspirational sayings, totem poles, this campus has it all and so beautifully laid out. They're careful with natural resources as well.

Visited February 2013
Edmonton, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Beautiful campus. Friendly people. Lots to see. Stop in at the visitor information for a map to tour on your own or have a student tour you around. Tours are about an hour, but they only go three times a day ( I believe).

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Eskape96
Liberty, Missouri
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wow! I never imagined!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

When I asked my Mountain View kids to swing me by Stanford University for a look, I had no idea it would mean lots of walking in a park-like atmosphere and taking an elevator high in the sky. But that's what happened. Apparently, Stanford boasts a huge variety of trees in a setting that is not only shady but inviting. People are outside everywhere on this huge expanse of campus. The place is alive!
The buildings are California gorgeous, especially the carillon tower that gives you a birds-eye view of the entire school. Guides are friendly and the whole atmosphere makes you feel that learning can indeed, be fun.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank GGMaSue19
San Francisco
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful campus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

The campus is beautiful and easy to navigate. There are many free shuttles that can take you around the campus. There's a lot of construction around the hospital so try to no go at peak hospital hours or you may be stuck in traffic.

1 Thank Jillian S