“Adequate stay” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 W Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93550   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
“Adequate stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night and I thought it was good. The a/c was nice. Service was good. The only thing I have to say wasn't good was the location. It's california though. Other than that my stay was alright. I recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Jennifer G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your response! Our staff is very happy that you had a good stay at our hotel, and we wish to see you in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed two days and the room was very dirty. Dirt on the handle of the fridge, The bathroom door would not close, and the door jams in the bathroom were scratched like a dog was locked in there. The room, but more importantly the bathroom smelled of pet urine. Could hear dogs barking in nearby rooms. Free breakfast was a joke, apparently they have a family or two living at the hotel, and if you get there after a certain time they had cleaned it out. Only real options were a couple of hard boiled eggs or waffles. The juice machine was out of order both days we were there. Beware of the homeless people outside, we had a couple banging on our window at 6am...

Room Tip: Recommend second floor to keep the homeless away from your windows.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I was very discouraged to read your review. It sounds like we really dropped the ball. Please allow me to personally apologize for the issues you encountered. I would also respectfully request that you contact me personally regarding your stay with us because I think you deserve a personal resolution rather than just a reply to your post. You can reach me at (661) 273-8000.

Thanks, and again, my sincere apologies.
San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at Red Roof Inn for a soccer tournament. The room was clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. It is pet friendly and also they allow you to cancel up to 6pm on the day of arrival. They could use more space in the breakfast area. There were a few homeless people in the areas outside the hotel but they were not on the property and did not bother us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your honest response. The soccer weekends are always busy at the hotels here in the Antelope Valley, and we enjoy having you all here. We do realize that there are some homeless people who like to be around the old restaurant next door, and while they never really bother any body, the local vendors are communicating with the town council to try to find a place for them to stay.

I hope that none of this deters you from staying with us and I hope to see you again at the Red Roof Inn Palmdale! Thank you again.
Oakhurst, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

It took three rooms before I got one that was acceptable. One had a bunch of local Druggies hanging outside the bulding where my room was at the end of the hall. The second one the a/c stopped working after three minutes and the room stunk and was hot inside.
The third was nice, but there was nowhere to hang up my clothes.
There was no fruit at the breakfast bar...I sure missed that.
It wasn't my first time staying and all my stay's were not exactly perfect and definately not five star rating either but this was my worst.
I beleive they rent out a lot of their rooms to local ???? on a regular basis, as I see clothes hanging up on make shift clotheslines in the rooms from the windows. My last stay here there was police activity in the rear parking lot.
I have to say though, the counter help went out of their way to please me, and they have worked there a long time now.

Room Tip: Check the room first before you unload your car and don't sleep in the rear downstairs bedrooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hi Don,
I am sorry that your last experience here was not as it should have been. We are currently undergoing some changes and hopefully soon everything will be better than it was. Everything takes time, and I hope that you will choose to give us another chance. We enjoy having you stay with us and I thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Palmdale.
franklin québec Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Grubby room during our stay at Res Roof hotel in Palmdale California
We stayed two days and the room was very dirty
The carpet behind the door and everywhere was covered with dust and dirt. It was the dirtiest place during our visit in California. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
There is certainly little critters somewhere,

Room Tip: change location if possible as soon as possible
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer G, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your honesty. I do sincerely apologize on behalf of our staff that your room was not what it should have been. This is unacceptable and we will be looking into who cleaned that room so that disciplinary action can be taken. Please accept our apologies.

Jennifer
Caldwell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I booked my stay on their web site on Jan.16th 2013 and when I arrived Gabriel checked me in. I told him I booked on line but wanted to pay with cash. He took my money and never did check me in as paying cash. I found this out on the 21st of Jan. when I checked my bank statement. I called Red Roof Inn on this day and Gabriel was working and admitted remembering checking me in and paying with cash. He told me that the person I needed to speak with would be in at 6 in the morning and she would be the one to reverse my charges. Well I have filed a complaint with corporate (not that I think it will get any where) and they are investigating. My mistake was I did not get a receipt so please make sure u get your receipts so this doesn't happen to you, and watch out for Jenifer and Gabriel. This place let alone wasn't worth 54.99 but they got over 100.00 from me

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ShannonC464, Manager at Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your experience with Red Roof Inn Palmdale. We value our guests comments and apologize that you feel we missed the mark during your stay.

We have conducted an investigation into your concerns and while we found no evidence of misconduct on the part of the employees, wish to emphasize that there are strict policies and procedures in place to protect our guests from these types of events.

Again, we thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and comments, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The people and facilities, were awesome. Would not expect this kind of quality at that price.
I can think of no reason I would go to any other in this city. Parking is convenient and the people at the front desk were so cool and helpful, Next time I wont even think about it, I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer G, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I am very glad that we were able to meet your needs! It is wonderful to see such a great review. Please come and see us again soon!

Jennifer G.
Admin Assistant

Been to Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster? Share your experiences!