“Staff is awesome, hotel is ok” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 W Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93551   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
Garden Grove, California
“Staff is awesome, hotel is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

All right, this was the cheapest hotel I could find, I'll admit that. The reviews looked ok so I stayed there.

1. The place smells like old cigarette smoke, enough to make my allergies kick in. The front desk guy put me as far from the smoking area as he could, and the room was less bad than the hallway, but this place needs an entire carpet replacement. If you're already a smoker though, it's a great place to stay. Other than the awful smoke smell, my room was immaculate.

2. Internet hardly worked. They need a more powerful connection. I just gave up after a while.

3. It's close to a fire station. I was worried about crime until I figured this out.

4. The staff tries very hard to make guests happy. That was a big reason why I didn't move to another hotel, though I would have moved if I were going to stay more than one night.

Conclusion: If you're a smoker, this is a great place to stay. If you're not, even the nonsmoking rooms will be a problem. The staff is awesome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer G, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your honesty. I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we have started some more renovations, getting new carpet and furniture in a lot of our rooms. We have also recently added more internet routers so that our internet is better. We do understand that because of our smoking rooms, sometimes the halls do smell like smoke and we are in the process of trying to get that resolved.

We enjoyed having you with us and we hope to see you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dayton, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

our room was great, the staff was excellent and we had everything we needed. we used a total of 5 rooms so that all of us could be at a wedding which was held nearby the motel. we would certainly stay at a red roof inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! We greatly appreciate you choosing our Red Roof Inn and we hope to see you again soon!

-Jennifer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The beds are great, very quiet and clean rooms. The staff made it obvious at check in and when i checked out that they enjoyed doing what they do. Just goes to show hotel rates don't have to be ballooned up just because of location and convenience. Exceptional value

• Stayed October 2012
Lucky S, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon!!

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this relatively inexpensive hotel met my needs. I didn't use the pool so I can't speak to that. The room was clean and everything worked. Dresser was older and scuffed up outside, but clean inside. Bathroom had been upgraded, pretty nice. I had a refrigerator and microwave which made it easy for me to buy food at one of the nearby stores and keep it cold overnight. The bed was firm and well padded -- exactly the way I like it. It seemed to be new mattress as well as bedding. Good wifi. Nice flat screen TV. Light continental breakfast in morning was okay. I usually just have juice and a hardboiled egg, and they had both. The coffee was really pretty horrible, IMO, but nobody else seemed to mind. Staff was friendly and helpful. Seemed family and pet friendly. McDonalds and other food options 1 or 2 blocks away - would have been easy to walk to. Not a hotel I would probably "vacation" at, but it was fantastic for overnight, and easy access to and from highways. Oh, just remembered that when I checked in, there was a strong "clean" smell in the room. Not particularly bad smelling, just something I'd have preferred not to have. Person at front desk said it was their new cleaning products. Fortunately the air conditioner worked great. I cranked it up and that seemed to reduce the "clean" odor. All in all a terrific value.

Room Tip: No elevator to second floor, but I asked for first floor and they were able to accommodate me.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am happy we were able to meet your needs. I understand your comment about the strong odor from our cleaning supplies, and that has actually been taken care of. We hope that you will stop by again and stay at our Inn. We appreciate your business.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Marvelous mattresses and linens (and I'm picky), location convenient to highways, lots of restaurants nearby, cereal/pastry/fruit breakfast included, in-room fridge/microwave/coffee, and good quality soap/shampoo.

Only negative is my room had a few cosmetic things (chipped paint, etc) and the towels were thin/cheap. That said, I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your review. I have made a note concerning your comment about the towels, and hopefully we can remedy that soon. We hope to see you again in the future!

Redding, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Yes, it was less expensive than the Palmdale Inn (right across the freeway), plus, from some unknown reason, it had a higher rating.
Please bear in mind that I am not one of those people who leave bad reviews no matter how great their experience was. In fact, this is my first less-than-favorable review...ever.
The first thing I noticed after checking in (the lobby and the staff were nice, I will give them that) was the strong odor of stale cigarrette smoke in the southwest entrance. It reminded my of an old, run-down bar. The room itsself was okay, just a mild, old musty smell with wrinkly, water damaged carpets near the bathroom. For roughly 45 bucks a night, I guess can deal with that.
Then, there were the tweakers across the hall, with kids, dogs, arguing, and a LOT of "visitors" that came at all hours, day and night, and only stayed for a few minutes. This may not have been the motel's fault, but it certainly does nothing to enhance their image.
On the bright side, I saw some painting contractors at the site. Hopefully they are going to begin a renovation project that includes new paint, carpets and a no drug-dealing meth-heads policy.
Also on the plus side, the refrigerator and A/C worked, the bed was very comfortable, had no bedbugs (yes, I check these things) and the maid service was good.
Still, the next time I visit Palmdale (I pray my daughter and son-in-law move away from there), I will stay at the Palmdale Inn.

Room Tip: Pick a room with fresh paint and carpeting.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
On behalf of myself and my staff, I apologize that your stay here was less than what you expected. I understand that there are some things still needing to be done in some of our rooms. My guess is that you got a room that wasn't fully renovated yet, and for that I apologize. I hope that you will change your mind about us in the future and give us another try.

Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've started working in this area weekly so I was looking for a place to stay that I liked. This Inn fits the bill. The WiFi works great, local and long distance calls are free, and I wasn't charged to send a fax. I just completed my 2nd stay and I have not changed my mind. The beds are not hard as a rock, the microwave, frig, AC, and TV with cable all worked! I'm good to go!

Room Tip: If you are working ask for a room with a desk, some rooms don't have one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for being a repeat customer. We are happy to make your stay here what it should be! We will see you soon I hope.

Been to Red Roof Inn Palmdale-Lancaster? Share your experiences!