“NO SMOKING ESTABLISHMENT” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Palmdale Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Palmdale Hotel to your Saves list
The Palmdale Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 West Palmdale Blvd, Palmdale, CA 93551 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Palmdale
California
“NO SMOKING ESTABLISHMENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked through a site that the hotel is anonymous until the end of purchase. Second time in that same city, but at another hotel. At the end of transaction, this hotel comes up, which is very affordable for the area, and in my opinion, in a nice spot. However, on the travel site, it has no indication that this is a non-smoking hotel, and I feel like after so many complaints, the hotel and travel site need to work together in giving proper advertisement of accommodations and allow the customer to make a choice of whether they choose to stay in a fully non-smoking establishment or not.

It was extremely inconveniencing, due to the late hour that we checked in. I had to leave and go to the parking lot to call the travel site and see if they could help me. Hotel, nor travel site, knew if the surrounding hotels had smoking rooms available, so I got a refund from the travel site. The good thing is that I had money to purchase another room, because it takes days to receive the refund.

So, my review is solely based on the check-in experience.

Stayed September 2012

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Buena Park, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We came for a softball tournament and was looking forward to enjoying a little rest on our downtime. The 1st thing I noticed was the hotel seemed dated and dingy (reminded me of a Las Vegas hotel that has not been renovated in over 20 years). The TV had poor reception. Our bath towels were not only sand paper rough, but 2 of them were either dirty or stained. The bathroom itself had the paint peeling off the walls. You could feel the breeze coming thru the windows (when the windows were closed), which of course meant that you could clearly hear all the cars on the freeway! The complmentry breakfast did not include the juice that my children requested. Totaly not worth the $92 a night rate that we were charged. I would say it is one step above Motel 6!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Quartz Hill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hubby and I wanted a night away and purchased the express deal on Priceline. Was not a 3 star experience at all. If we were told it was a 2 star when we bought it then we would have been not that upset about sleeping on a hard bed, being originally put into a handicapped room with broken tile and no counter top in the bathroom. Front desk help wanted us to pay $20.00 more for what is called a room with a "balcony" which is a 3'x3' concrete non private pad. Will not be going there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Waited on the phone with the front desk for ten min she forgot about me. Got to the hotel one person ahead of me waited 15 min to check in the lady in front has no clue and very unfriendly. I stayed at a motel 6 cause of that night

• Stayed October 2012
Yucca Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had a great stay from time I checked in until I checked out. Donna in the resturante was awesome and so freindly.. A joy to see her every morning. Hotel Staff at check in was very polite and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Palmdale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We recently stayed here for a get-away night from home. They have done a lot to clean up this hotel, although it still needs a little work. The staff was very friendly and the room clean. The bed and pillows were perfect - very comfortable. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and pool, although it would be nice if they had snacks and drinks available poolside. Breakfast was included (best cup of coffee I ever had). It also would be nice if the bar opened earlier than 5pm. Overall we had a nice time and enjoyed ourselves, for the cost ($70 w/ AAA discount) it was worth it. We also ordered the bucket of beer (which comes in a large clam shell rather than a bucket - very nice) for $10 when we made our reservation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bishop, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Noisy (people partying everywhere), the kids got their first look at some "working women" who where entering the hotel. When we asked for a different room the woman at the front desk said no but we could get our money back...low and behold they charged us anyway. Now trying to get refunded, what a nightmare.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Palmdale Hotel? Share your experiences!