“Wouldn't pay $10 per nite!” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Palmdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   407 West Palmdale Blvd, Palmdale, CA 93551   |
Ranked #14 of 14 hotels in Palmdale
Portland, Oregon
“Wouldn't pay $10 per nite!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Omg! I am a single lady that was traveling with my dog, not allot of dog friendly hotels in the Lancaster / palmdale area without paying over $100 a nite with pet fee. Bad first room after 4 days, got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, toilet water from upstairs dripping down my back! Office didn't do or say much. Had to wait over 2 hours for another room. Air conditioner was loud and did not work. Parties till 4:00 am, nothing was ever done about that, hassled by the local law enforcement, asked if I wanted to buy drugs every time I went to my car. Pool was a yellow color, could not use. Stayed in palmdale for 8 weeks, finally got smart payed a little more and moved to the oxford inn in Lancaster. Felt like Tom Hanks in "Big". I truly would not stay there again. Would rather take my chances and sleep in my car!!! Seriously

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
La Joya, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Typical Motel 6. Cheap, right off the highway, no breakfast, questionable people next door doing questionable things through the entire night, malfunctioning A/C, holes punched into the bathroom door. $50. You get what you pay for. I could have gotten a much better room elsewhere on Priceline for about the same.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Palmdale, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Although the price was the lowest available, the room featured an air conditioner that blew heat, a refridgerator that kept food warm, bath towels the size of wash cloths and a TV with 8 channels.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Beverly, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

I just finished a two week business trip to Palmdale, CA. I didn't know where I would be staying, so I was holding my breath after reading the reviews about the Ramada. When my boss pulled into the Motel 6 parking lot, I was relieved at first. The Motel 6 has both pluses and drawbacks. The good thing is that the staff is very responsive. I was upset to find that the carpet in my room was filthy enough to turn my feet black. However, it only took a mention to one of the very friendly and accommodating housekeepers for someone to appear instantly at my door with a carpet cleaning machine to scrub it like new (it was actually an appealing shade of blue). They went out of their way to make the very modest room (no tub, microfridge, coffeemaker or even shampoo) as neat and comfy as they could. Even though the "rules" stated that extended stay guests only got their bedlinens changed every 3 days, they would have changed mine every single day given the chance. Now the drawbacks. I don't think I'll ever stay in an outside-access room again after this experience. The guests were almost entirely contractors working on the new hospital across the road. They had trucks with loud engines and car alarms that were parked next to my bed and they woke me at all hours of the day and night. Maybe this is OK for a 1-night stopover, but 2 weeks of this was mindnumbingly exhausting! The other guests were inclined to quarreling and domestic disputes. It was a common experience for me and my boss to overhear guests screaming profanities or witness people repairing broken-down cars. One afternoon the police appeared outside my door to break up an altercation. I quit using the outdoor pool because I got sick of beer-guzzling guys hitting on me. To end this on a positive note, though, the location of Motel 6 is great. You can hop a bus to the Antelope Valley Mall from the Del Taco next door. There's an AM/PM convenience store and a great diner called Lucky Roxy's Cafe in the same parking lot as Motel 6. If the guests weren't such obnoxious jerks, this would have been a relatively pleasant stay.

• Liked — Proximity to food and convenience store, housekeeping staff
  • Disliked — Creepy guests
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2005

$51.99 a night less an AARP 10% discount as a sleepover on the way from Arizona to San Francisco. The location is fine close to the interstate; the staff was friendly, informative and very pleasant; the property was well maintained. The room was a standard small Motel 6 room, but it was very clean and the furnishings were in good condition. We felt safe, we slept fine. What more do you expect at these prices in California? It fit the bill!

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2005

but maybe a little too clean; pungent odor of cleaner or disinfectant upon entering room, and you could only get the windows open 4 inches to air the place out. Aside from that, everything was fine. Front desk people were friendly and helpful (though I didn't have any problems to report). There is a DelTaco next door, and a Sizzler and Albertsons a half mile West.

• Stayed March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2003

Terrible Hotel. It was 100 degrees and the air didn't work. Each morning I would complain and the manager would say, we have it fixed, only to wake at 2 am sweating. No reason to be lied to night after night just to keep you there. FINALLY AFTER 4 NIGHTS OF THIS, we checked out and went elsewhere, so exhausted, we could not enjoy our vacation. There is only one air unit for the entire hotel so changing rooms in the hotel did no good.

Been to Motel 6 Palmdale? Share your experiences!