“Not up to most Motel 6 standards!” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Palmdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   407 West Palmdale Blvd, Palmdale, CA 93551   |
Ranked #14 of 14 hotels in Palmdale
Vancouver Island, BC
“Not up to most Motel 6 standards!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stopped on our way up from California since it was later in the evening and we wanted to leave early.

We were given a room that felt grubby on the back of the hotel. There was a big wet spot (about 4 ft x 2 1/2 ft) on the floor by the bathroom door carpet from some kind of leak. By the time we discovered this we were in our pajamas so just stepped around it.

The beds were like sleeping on concrete slabs. The sheets and towels looked wrinkled - never folded out of the dryer.

The best part of this stop was leaving in the morning.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Angels Camp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have stayed in this location many times and although there have been issues, the Manager and staff have always been very accommodating and issues are addressed immediately.
Can be noisy at times due to the location being right next to the freeway, but rooms I have stayed in have always been clean.. Air conditioning was noisy and did not work very well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Buena Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

As busy as this place was it should be remolded. I showed up at 2:00 PM only to be told my room was not ready and to show up at 3:30. I return at 3:30 only to be told my room is still not ready and to come back at 4:00 PM. I got there at 4:00 PM and there was over 50 people in line at the counter and it took almost an hour of waiting to get my room.

This location either needs more staff or better trained staff.

The rate was very good at $40.00 per night. The condition was old but nothing was broken. There was a lot of little kids screaming in the early evening but otherwise quiet.

Parking was ok but access to the 2nd floor is a little difficult due to the small number of staircases.

There are a couple of fast food places and a convenience store within easy walking distance. The convenience store is a little on the small side.

Room Tip: The second floor is difficult to get to.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Omg! I am a single lady that was traveling with my dog, not allot of dog friendly hotels in the Lancaster / palmdale area without paying over $100 a nite with pet fee. Bad first room after 4 days, got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, toilet water from upstairs dripping down my back! Office didn't do or say much. Had to wait over 2 hours for another room. Air conditioner was loud and did not work. Parties till 4:00 am, nothing was ever done about that, hassled by the local law enforcement, asked if I wanted to buy drugs every time I went to my car. Pool was a yellow color, could not use. Stayed in palmdale for 8 weeks, finally got smart payed a little more and moved to the oxford inn in Lancaster. Felt like Tom Hanks in "Big". I truly would not stay there again. Would rather take my chances and sleep in my car!!! Seriously

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
La Joya, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Typical Motel 6. Cheap, right off the highway, no breakfast, questionable people next door doing questionable things through the entire night, malfunctioning A/C, holes punched into the bathroom door. $50. You get what you pay for. I could have gotten a much better room elsewhere on Priceline for about the same.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Palmdale, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Although the price was the lowest available, the room featured an air conditioner that blew heat, a refridgerator that kept food warm, bath towels the size of wash cloths and a TV with 8 channels.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Beverly, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

I just finished a two week business trip to Palmdale, CA. I didn't know where I would be staying, so I was holding my breath after reading the reviews about the Ramada. When my boss pulled into the Motel 6 parking lot, I was relieved at first. The Motel 6 has both pluses and drawbacks. The good thing is that the staff is very responsive. I was upset to find that the carpet in my room was filthy enough to turn my feet black. However, it only took a mention to one of the very friendly and accommodating housekeepers for someone to appear instantly at my door with a carpet cleaning machine to scrub it like new (it was actually an appealing shade of blue). They went out of their way to make the very modest room (no tub, microfridge, coffeemaker or even shampoo) as neat and comfy as they could. Even though the "rules" stated that extended stay guests only got their bedlinens changed every 3 days, they would have changed mine every single day given the chance. Now the drawbacks. I don't think I'll ever stay in an outside-access room again after this experience. The guests were almost entirely contractors working on the new hospital across the road. They had trucks with loud engines and car alarms that were parked next to my bed and they woke me at all hours of the day and night. Maybe this is OK for a 1-night stopover, but 2 weeks of this was mindnumbingly exhausting! The other guests were inclined to quarreling and domestic disputes. It was a common experience for me and my boss to overhear guests screaming profanities or witness people repairing broken-down cars. One afternoon the police appeared outside my door to break up an altercation. I quit using the outdoor pool because I got sick of beer-guzzling guys hitting on me. To end this on a positive note, though, the location of Motel 6 is great. You can hop a bus to the Antelope Valley Mall from the Del Taco next door. There's an AM/PM convenience store and a great diner called Lucky Roxy's Cafe in the same parking lot as Motel 6. If the guests weren't such obnoxious jerks, this would have been a relatively pleasant stay.

• Liked — Proximity to food and convenience store, housekeeping staff
  • Disliked — Creepy guests
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Palmdale? Share your experiences!