“NO SMOKING ESTABLISHMENT” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
California
“NO SMOKING ESTABLISHMENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked through a site that the hotel is anonymous until the end of purchase. At the end of transaction, this hotel comes up, which is very affordable for the area, and in my opinion, in a nice spot. However, on the travel site, it has no indication that this is a non-smoking hotel, and I feel like after so many complaints, the hotel and travel site need to work together in giving proper advertisement of accommodations and allow the customer to make a choice of whether they choose to stay in a fully non-smoking establishment or not.

It was extremely inconveniencing, due to the late hour that we checked in. I had to leave and go to the parking lot to call the travel site and see if they could help me. Hotel, nor travel site, knew if the surrounding hotels had smoking rooms available, so I got a refund from the travel site. The good thing is that I had money to purchase another room, because it takes days to receive the refund.

So, my review is solely based on the check-in experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnPalmdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your insight and suggestions in improving the advertisements of accomodations for the hotel. I will investigate this further and take the necessary steps to provide a clearer understanding of our establishment when booking through travel web sites.

Tony Zilobaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently held a week long training program at the Palmdale Holiday Inn and stayed there as a guest. EVERYONE that I encountered, from the general manager, event manager and housekeeping services were extremely professional and friendly with a definite focus on customer satisfaction. Kudos to the management for instilling this culture. During the training event, Tina, event manager, saw that we had everything we needed / requested to ensure a successful event. Our company has used other hotel facilities in the past, not acheiving the same excellent results that we have at the Holiday Inn. I would highly recommend hosting an event here or just staying as a guest while in the Palmdale area. The rooms are very clean and cheery, equipped with everything I needed while working away from home. Great job guys, I look forward to seeing Tony, Tina, Mark and the rest of the staff on my next business trip to Palmdale.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnPalmdale, Manager at Holiday Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your review and I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel. Tina, Mark, and the rest of management and staff will be moved to know they have left a very positive impression. We would love to have you again and hope to see you during your future visits to the Palmdale area.

Tony Zilobaf
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked this hotel for a long weekend (3 nights). Being a priority club platinum member, we got a free upgrade and coupons for breakfast + drinks which was definitely nice. However, the man who checked us in gave us breakfast coupons only for 1 morning - when we noticed that and returned to the front desk he said it was correct and that was all what we were going to get. The next evening lady at the desk explained us that they only give them 1 day in advance so you have to pick them up every day. I guess it would not hurt the guy to say that the night before. Also, we needed housekeeping only 1 day, despite that neither the cups or coffeepot got cleaned. Outdoor pool was not the biggest, but it was well maintained. Overall, the stay was nice. The staff in restaurant is very(!) nice and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnPalmdale, Manager at Holiday Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m happy to see that you enjoyed your yourself, and I will be sure to follow up on the items you mentioned. We hope to see you again soon!

Tumwater, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I am a fan of Holiday Inn Express and stay with HIE or HI about 250 days a year. This is my first time at the HI Palmdale. I stayed for 10 days and it was an absolute delight. The staff was fantastic, especially the restaurant's. Due to work I was forced to miss two meals there and I was deeply disappointed to be forced to eat elsewhere.

The meal vouchers are a great cost saving and the meals were excellent. The staff acted like I was an old friend that they were just overjoyed to see.

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty to Holiday Inn! I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. We hope to see you during your future visits to the Palmdale area.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel for a stop over on the way from LA to Death Valley. Rooms fine, quiet. Small bar and restaurant. Food ok. My only real bit of feedback and recommendation to the hotel, and this is not an issue solely with this hotel in this part of the U.S is give people time to eat their appetiser before bringing the entree. It's a bit ridiculous when you order 2 courses and the waitress stands with your entree 4 minutes after bringing your appetiser and then looks a little helpless when there's no room on the table for the food. You then need to decide which food to eat and which to leave to go cold. Seems a pretty simple issue to solve and other than that the hotel is ok.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! Your insight is valued and I will make sure to pass this on to our restaurant staff. Hope to see you again when you’re in the Palmdale area!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The manager Mark, front desk Michelle and Lehua,
and Natalie have been tremendous at helping with
our stay and we will be coming back on a regular basis.
They could not have been better. Very clean, a very good
fit for us. We will probably not want to go to any of the other
Holiday Inns in Southern California, which we have been
doing on a monthly basis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I am so glad to know you enjoy our hotel so much! Thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon!

Orange County CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

You get what they decide to give you regardless of confirmed reservation booked category. The manager and front desk staff of this hotel are unprofessional and unethical in the practice of intentionally downgrading guests apparently due to mis-management of room allocations to reservations. As a former frequent guest, I experienced consistent downgrading with no explanations, apologies or rate adjustments. Additionally I observed chronic complaints at the front desk but staff appears to be trained to take no ownership for the mis-management. My attempts to resolve this lead to no apologies or offers of future stay resolutions. Therefore I can only advise if you need a specific room type, look elsewhere with a hotel that has some integrity to meet its confirmed reservation obligations.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the experience you described and wish to express that this is not a policy at our hotel. I am concerned about the issues you reviewed and would like to discuss them with you further. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I would love to continue this discussion with you.

661-947-8055

Been to Holiday Inn Palmdale? Share your experiences!