“Good Overall Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Palmdale
Kernville, California
“Good Overall Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Pros:
This place has a Great Staff. They are Very Attentive and Very Polite. They make you feel appreciated for being a customer.

Pretty decent breakfast adds value. Pay the extra $10 a night per couple for the breakfast. You will not get a better value as it is not just juice and a roll. It is egg's, pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc...

They also have a Great Guy (Rob I think was his name) who will drive you around town for FREE (please tip him of course) instead of having to pay for a taxi. Since we were there for a wedding, we did not want to have to drive after drinking. I am sure we saved $40+ on taxi fare's. AND, he comes to pick you up for FREE as well.

Beds are nice and they have a variety of pillows to choose from

Refrigerator and Microwave in the room was nice

The restaurant serves good food.

Cons:
There is a lack of drawers in the room

The carpet was in need of a cleaning or replaced

Pool was a little small but clean

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk. They are easy to work with and very respectable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnPalmdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and providing such a detailed review. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you on your next visit to the Palmdale area.

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Harker Heights, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Where do I began, I am a retire US Army LTC after serving our great counrty for 26 years that has allowed me to travel all over the United States and many countries. My experience while staying at the Holiday Inn in Palmdale CA, has been exceptional. The people there understand the meaning of customer service and making their customers want to return to their hotel. And that is what I mean THEIR hotel, the employees dispaly a great amount of pride in their work and their customers. My 40 day stay is the first time in all of my travels and stays at hotels, that I felt like I was really important, and I was not just another paying person to stay at the hotel. I want to say.. thank you so very much for making me feel like I was part of your Holiday Inn family. Rose you are a very incrediable manager and person, thank you for all you did to make my stay a very memorable one. I would like to also personally thank Culleen, Brittany, Lahua, Sam, Jenna, Amy, Kim, Vannssa, Karina, and Kaily, you all are incrediable and I thank you very much for your kindness and dedication to customer service.

Sincerely
James Sutton
LTC (R)
US Army

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We do take pride in providing exceptional customer service and are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your service and we hope to see you again soon!

Olney, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We only stayed one night but had no complaints. Room was clean with good quality linens. Loved the decor. (How often do you hear that about a moderately priced hotel room?) Nice flat screen TV. The hotel was easy to find. Friendly and helpful front desk staff.

The breakfast (not free because I reserved through Hotwire) was not the greatest but still OK. Would stay there again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnPalmdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again when you are in the Palmdale area.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am a bonifide road warrior. I travel 48 weeks a year.
I have frequented the Holiday Inn of Palmdale many times over the past 4 years. I am always greeted with smiles and cordial welcomes. The entire staff, including front desk staff, bar staff, dining room staff, management, and the cleaning crews have always gone out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible.
Give the employees a bonus! They truly are in a class above the other chain hotels in the area!.
The rooms are always clean, the pool is crystal clear and well-maintained, the bar and dining areas are well-maintained and offer a warm atmosphere coupled with great food and drinks.
The All-American breakfast is a great way to start your morning!
If the hotel if full, try their sister hotel, Staybridge Suites! You will enjoy both!
Rod

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for making the Holiday Inn Palmdale your home away from home! We are happy to have you as a guest and are glad to see you are enjoying the hotel!

Bloomington, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel since the beginning of the year and every day was made great by the great staff and the nicely kept facilities there. i was made guest of the day when i checked in but i felt like i had that honor every day, and the staff are so friendly and helpful i quicky became friends with all of them, they even offered to help with my move to the Palmdale area. At least i won't have to worry about making friends in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
So glad to know you enjoyed the hotel! Thank for your review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days. Whole hotel was very nice. Nice rooms( very clean bathroom) nice restaurant( daily deals on dinner). Breakfast bar is awesome. Staff was great. Busy hotel. Close to mall if you want to shop. Different restaurants available near bynif you want to eat out If ever in area again, will be staying here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnPalmdale, Manager at Holiday Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
We’re happy to see you enjoyed the hotel! Hope to see you again soon!

-Staff of Holiday Inn Palmdale
palmdale,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

They were courteous, prompt, attentive, flexible and accommodating and literally provided us service with a smile. Where can you go and find that these days. Well the staff at Holiday Inn in Palmdale, CA did that for me and my family this past weekend (July 28th) for my mother's 80th birthday party. I would like to thank Tina Aguilar and her staff for the outstanding service. There was nothing they wouldn't do for us. Throughout the entire event Tina was checking with my family and me to ensure that we had everything we needed and more.

The food for the buffet was fresh, delicious and hot. They were prompt about replenishing the food when it became low. Our guest was thoroughly satisfied. We had a glitch with the slide(this was our fault) Tina provided us with her own personal laptop for the presentation of the slide show. The slideshow was a vital part of our program. The slideshow presentation went on without a glitch.

The hotel is located rigth off of the 14 frwy which made it easy to locate. Lots of family and friends stayed at the hotel and commented on how clean it was and that check in was a breeze.

Thank you ensuring that our Mom's 80th birthday was special.

Thanks to Tina and her staff. We would not have been able to do this without you.

Much love
Pam B and family

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HolidayInnPalmdale, Manager at Holiday Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We are so glad you chose the Holiday Inn Palmdale to celebrate such a special event! Thank you for such a wonderful review and we hope to see you again soon!

-Staff of Holiday Inn Palmdale

Been to Holiday Inn Palmdale? Share your experiences!