“Pastor Gwendolyn Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area

You added Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area to your Saves list
Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   130 E. Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93550 (Formerly Days Inn Palmdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
“Pastor Gwendolyn Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was comfortable and slept well. My only problem was that towels for were limited. There were two guests in room 250 but only one set of towels. On our last morning we had a total of four towels - floor towel, bath towel, and two hand towel. The rate for the room was quite reasonable. I plan to stay there again when I return. So except for the shortage of towels the stay was acceptable.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

We were forced to stay at this "hotel" after getting 2 flat tires on the way home from Las Vegas. The second flat happened while we were eating dinner at the Pizza Hut one door down from this "hotel". When we walked out to our car, we saw that the tire that had just been changed was completely flat. My fiancé moved the car to the Meineke's in back of Pizza Hut and we walked to this "hotel", about 50 yards away.

First of all, the reason I put the word "hotel" in quotation marks when referring to this dump is because there is no way they should be charging people to spend the night in their establishment. What this place is is extended stay housing for homeless, drug addicts and prostitutes. We were approached by a drug dealer outside of our room who asked my fiancé if we did lines or wanted to blaze. When he responded, "No, I'm clean...", he then asked, "What about your lady?!"

We did not have high hopes for our stay, but at a minimum, expected that for $55.00 a night we would receive a clean room with an operable toilet where we could have a good night's sleep prior to getting our tire replaced and heading home. After all, we were in Palmdale, which is not exactly a premiere luxury destination and doesn't command inflated hotel room rates. Both my fiance and I were exhausted after enduring the "Get Out Of Vegas" traffic all afternoon and having 2 flat tires to boot. All we wanted was to fall asleep so we could get up the next morning and go home.

The first thing that happened is my fiancé tried to use the toilet and found it wouldn't flush. We then attempted to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. We then decided to walk to the lobby and notify the desk clerk. As we stepped outside, a group of 8 people, all in various stages of inebriation, were sitting on the stairs leading up to the 2nd floor, hanging out, drinking beer, smoking and laughing loudly. We knew we would not be able to get any sleep with them right outside our room, so when we spoke to the desk clerk, we asked to be moved to a quieter part of the hotel. (This first room we were given was Room #116, which is directly under the stairs leading up to the 2nd floor).

Desk clerk was extremely skeptical of our story and said she would accompany us back to the room to verify what we were telling her. She walked back to the room with us and by the time we got there, the group of partiers had swelled even more. She did not say a word to them, but once we were in the room, she tried the toilet, saw it wouldn't flush, then tried the phone and saw it didn't work. At that point I noticed that one of the chairs that was pushed under the table had a big knife slash in it. The clerk noticed me looking at it and said she would move us to another room.

We then were moved to room 138. This room was in the back of the hotel and at first glance, seemed cleaner than Room 116. We put down our bags, lay on the bed, started going through our phones (by now it was close to midnight) and then I went to use the toilet.

Upon flushing the toilet, all of the water in the bowl overflowed and got all over the floor. I began screaming for my fiancé to get me towels and he brought me all the towels in the room. I threw them down on the floor and they were so threadbare and thin that they would not soak up all the water. We then called the front desk on my cellphone (since the room phone also did not work) and said that the toilet overflowed. The desk clerk (apparently shifts had changed and now a male was on duty) said in a very rude voice, "We can't be moving you from room to room all night!"

I asked him, "You can't move us out of a room that has a nonoperational toilet?!!" and he said, "I'll send 'security' to your room to go check it out.

Twenty minutes later, we heard a knock on the door. A handyman who was not dressed in any type of uniform stated that he was there to look at the toilet. I let him in and he went into the bathroom. He came back out and said, "I'll be back. I need to get a plunger." I said, 'Can you bring us back some more towels too? I had to use the ones we had to try to clean up the mess." He said very sarcastically, "I saw that." and left.

He came back awhile later (about 10-15 minutes) with a plunger and 3 towels. No mop, no bucket, nothing to clean up the unsanitary mess. He put the towels down on top of the microwave and went into the restroom. We heard him plunge the toilet for a total of about 15 seconds. He then came out, said, "It's fixed" and left.

I went into the restroom, put down the towels he had left behind, and tried to sop up the rest of the water. I could not believe that they would not move us to another room or clean up the mess from the overflowed toilet with dirty water. I had to disinfect my hands and feet and then went and laid down, exhausted.

During the night both my fiancé and I got up to use the restroom. We observed that the toilet was still not fixed - although it did not overflow, the water in the bowl did not drain all the way and so the bowl stayed full of urine.

The next morning, when my fiancé went to get out of bed, he put his feet down on the carpet between the bed and the bathroom wall. He was appalled to find that the carpet was soaking wet. Apparently, the disgusting dirty toilet water that had flooded the bathroom had seeped through the wall and gotten the carpet wet! TOTALLY GROSS AND COMPLETELY UNSANITARY!!!

My fiance then went to Meineke's to talk to them about the tire, and on his way back to the room, stopped at the front office and had a conversation with the infamous "Anna" (see other reviews). I don't even know how to begin describing this lady. She is like the poster child for Poor Customer Service Workers. It's not even like she doesn't have a clue about how to provide anything approaching a minimal amount of customer service. It's like she has made it her life's mission to be mentioned on every single negative review for her horrible customer service skills.

During my first visit to the office, she deflected my complaints by stating she was not the person I needed to talk to - that the Hotel Manager (Bindu) would be in at 10:00 am and she was the person I needed to talk to.

At 10:00 I went back to the office to speak to Bindu. Anna kept me waiting 10 minutes. When Bindu came out, she immediately stated that she could not speak to me because I was not a "registered guest". I asked her, "What do you mean I'm not a registered guest? My fiancé and I checked in last night!" She said, "Well, the room was not paid for by you, it was paid for by a MAN. For all I know, he just picked you up on the street. You are not authorized to talk to us about this room."

Furious, I told her, "I'm going to get my fiancé so he can come in here and talk to you. We want a refund! You guys have some kind of plumbing problem here and the toilets don't work!"

She waved her hand dismissively at me and I went out the door. My fiancé was still at Meinecke's waiting for them to put on the tire, and I asked him to come back to the hotel lobby with me. He came back and said that the room was unacceptable. Bindu told him that the best she could do was offer him a discount on a future night's stay!!

My fiancé told her, "I guarantee you we will NEVER stay at this hotel again! In fact, we will be going out of our way to avoid Palmdale in the future because this hotel is nothing more than a drug den!"

We started walking out the door and as we did so, an elderly Filipino gentlemen was walking in. I am Filipino myself and I immediately started wondering whether I should warn him about what type of hotel it was. My conscience wouldn't allow me to keep on walking, so I turned around and went back into the lobby. I told him that I would stay at any other hotel in Palmdale before this one. I told him that the toilets didn't work, the phones didn't work, there were drug addicts partying outside of their rooms all night long...I would have gone on, but Bindu and Anna both began screaming at me. They told me to get out!! I said, "This is a free country and I can express my honest opinion..." and then Anna picked up the phone and dialed 911. She told the dispatcher that they wanted me arrested for trespassing!! I asked her, "How are you gonna arrest me for trespassing when we paid to stay here and you're not giving us a refund? Give me the money back and I'll leave!!" They both went absolutely nuts yelling at me.

When the elderly Filipino man refused to listen to me and checked in anyway, I decided to leave so I wouldn't have to spend another moment in Anna and Bindu's company. I was walking towards Meinecke's and saw a sheriff's patrol vehicle parked in front of the In-&-Out next door. Thinking he might have been responding to the call from the hotel, I approached him and talked to him. I mentioned the drug dealing and prostitution, and he stated that they were "very much aware" of what was going on at that hotel, and it was just our "bad luck" that we happened to break down in that area of town.

If you are even considering staying at this dump, RUN... do not walk.... AWAY!! I would rather sleep in my car than ever come back to this place again. Bindu and Anna are the rudest, shiftiest people you could imagine, and they do not deserve anyone's business.

I have filed complaints with the City of Palmdale Building & Safety Division as well as the L.A. County Department of Public Health - Institutions and Dwellings Division. This place needs to be shut down!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2015

They do not care if you stay there or not. They will harrass you and speak to you as if you stay for free. They also abuse the sign "We can refuse service to anyone". They cut off the internet and do things to get you upset. No respect! Even if you have a do not disturb sign on your door, they will act like they want to break the door down. I think they hate people. I am told that new owners are planning to get rid of Anna and Bindu and it SERVES THEM RIGHT!

Room Tip: Wi-fi cuts off several times a day. The continental breakfast is all carbs and horrible. I stayed t...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

I have stayed at this little hotel many times for business or passing through. The staff has always been nice and rooms clean...but now there is a woman named Anna she is the rudest most mean women employee I have ever met. The first time she yelled and went off on me month ago I let it go because she apologized however today was the last straw. She was so horrible raising her voice and very threatening manner are beyond unacceptable. I can stay anywhere but liked staying here because the staff, maids etc were so nice but this woman should be fired...you might be wondering what I did...I had forgotten my expensive make up bag and they brought it to the office I picked it up and was so happy and said "thank God" she yelled at me that people there don't steal! I was surprised because who even said that. I even tried to explain but she was to busy being a jerk...

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Penngrove
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

On our way to the southern end of the state from the northern, we decided to try and avoid LA and go around it. We found the Days Inn on line and we thought it was close to the highway and was about half way. When I wrote my first review, it was not published as I am now seeing the name as changed, and I would assume the management.
The property itself is ok but it is located in a lower income section of town. I always take a walk around to see if there are places nearby to eat. The first panhandler caught me 10 feet off the property. Next I observed a man injecting something into his vein in front of Kentucky Fried Chicken. The strip mall next door offered several more panhandlers and that was enough for me. The location is not ideal in terms of the neighborhood.
The room was adequate, all we wanted to do was stop and sleep and get out the next morning.
It was not spotless but it was clean enough. It has seen it share of ware and tear but it was not horrible. The bathroom was fine and the shower worked and had hot water so that is all we really needed. The management was fine, we didn't have any problems. If you stay on the property your fine, just don't walk off the property. You can drive 5 minutes and select any of the dining chains, we choose Chilli's. The television was fine and everything worked. We didn't use any of the amenities because we were only staying the night so I can't comment on them. But for what we needed, it was fine.
As for the people in the area, they stay off the property. If they do go on we were told just call the front desk and they will take care of it. When we were packing the next morning, we did encounter a man looking for cigarette butts but he was friendly and polite and told us he just wanted some smokes and would leave but we told him it was fine, we were leaving.
It was a well worn in room in a questionable part of town. We had planned on just passing through so no expectations on our part and it was adequate.
In all fairness, if they are changing names and management, chances are they are fixing up the rooms so I can't speak to what is currently going on. I guess we were the last of the Day's Inn guests. In the condition we saw it, I wouldn't recommend it to families as a vacation destination, it really is more suited for a business traveler or someone just stopping for the night.

Room Tip: Just stay on the property and lock your car. Don't store things of value in your car overnight...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

Bed bug infestation. Carpets and room filthy. Mold in the bathroom and obvious roof leaks with mold. Came here for travel team tournament from northern ca at midnight to immediately have to find another place. Totally should not stay here with the bugs and filth

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area? Share your experiences!