“Rude Anna” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area

You added Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area to your Saves list
Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   130 E. Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93550 (Formerly Days Inn Palmdale)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
“Rude Anna”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this little hotel many times for business or passing through. The staff has always been nice and rooms clean...but now there is a woman named Anna she is the rudest most mean women employee I have ever met. The first time she yelled and went off on me month ago I let it go because she apologized however today was the last straw. She was so horrible raising her voice and very threatening manner are beyond unacceptable. I can stay anywhere but liked staying here because the staff, maids etc were so nice but this woman should be fired...you might be wondering what I did...I had forgotten my expensive make up bag and they brought it to the office I picked it up and was so happy and said "thank God" she yelled at me that people there don't steal! I was surprised because who even said that. I even tried to explain but she was to busy being a jerk...

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Penngrove
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

On our way to the southern end of the state from the northern, we decided to try and avoid LA and go around it. We found the Days Inn on line and we thought it was close to the highway and was about half way. When I wrote my first review, it was not published as I am now seeing the name as changed, and I would assume the management.
The property itself is ok but it is located in a lower income section of town. I always take a walk around to see if there are places nearby to eat. The first panhandler caught me 10 feet off the property. Next I observed a man injecting something into his vein in front of Kentucky Fried Chicken. The strip mall next door offered several more panhandlers and that was enough for me. The location is not ideal in terms of the neighborhood.
The room was adequate, all we wanted to do was stop and sleep and get out the next morning.
It was not spotless but it was clean enough. It has seen it share of ware and tear but it was not horrible. The bathroom was fine and the shower worked and had hot water so that is all we really needed. The management was fine, we didn't have any problems. If you stay on the property your fine, just don't walk off the property. You can drive 5 minutes and select any of the dining chains, we choose Chilli's. The television was fine and everything worked. We didn't use any of the amenities because we were only staying the night so I can't comment on them. But for what we needed, it was fine.
As for the people in the area, they stay off the property. If they do go on we were told just call the front desk and they will take care of it. When we were packing the next morning, we did encounter a man looking for cigarette butts but he was friendly and polite and told us he just wanted some smokes and would leave but we told him it was fine, we were leaving.
It was a well worn in room in a questionable part of town. We had planned on just passing through so no expectations on our part and it was adequate.
In all fairness, if they are changing names and management, chances are they are fixing up the rooms so I can't speak to what is currently going on. I guess we were the last of the Day's Inn guests. In the condition we saw it, I wouldn't recommend it to families as a vacation destination, it really is more suited for a business traveler or someone just stopping for the night.

Room Tip: Just stay on the property and lock your car. Don't store things of value in your car overnight...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

They are renovating so the rooms are of different quality. Overall the personnel is okay once you get to know them which is not likely for most people. They could be more professional and not so loud. You can get discounts through Wyndham Rewards (as low as $39.99 per night) and bonus points. The problem I saw was that those who are renovating are good, but do not complete the jobs adequately. For instance, plastering will not have the caulking done properly so bugs can still come in. Or faucets are not put on completely. I did not like their continental breakfast. This goes against what owners plan and need to check this. Sorry to say, but I did enounter "roaches" in a couple of rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are nicer but still have bugs.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014 via mobile

Bed bug infestation. Carpets and room filthy. Mold in the bathroom and obvious roof leaks with mold. Came here for travel team tournament from northern ca at midnight to immediately have to find another place. Totally should not stay here with the bugs and filth

• Stayed November 2014
Bishop
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Very few local channels on TV, no national TV. One old TV remains in the room with the new flat screen which is non-op. No hot water the morning of 10-3. Called reception 4:30am to advise and was told the problem was being tended to, should have hot H20 within the hour. Departed room 5:05am, did not see any service trucks tending to the problem. Desk advised Security was looking to resolve the problem. Ya know, i think this Days Inn is just worn out and needs a lot of attention!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Knights Inn Palmdale Lancaster Area? Share your experiences!